Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura MDX:

Nov 182016

MDX

Inside rear bumper, frame rusted through. Not surface rust but large chunks easily pulled off. Contacted Acura. Was told it was out of warranty.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 022017

MDX

Purchased new in 2004. During maintenance I found the rear frame behind the bumper covering to be severely rusted. Not surface rust but chunks that I can easily pull off by hand. Concerned about the structural integrity of the vehicle and my safety I contacted Acura consumer relations. Spoke with someone who just said they can't help because my vehicle is out of warranty. I feel that something is probably wrong with their materials used to allow such severe rust to occur and eat away at the frame.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 132016

MDX

My Acura MDX 2004 has had the window regulators replaced three times and now both windows are broken again. When the window slams down into the door frame it makes a terrifying noise which has caused me to nearly wreck twice. The worst incident was when a regulator failed and I caught a piece of plastic road debris in the face (couldn't close the window) going approx 70mph on the freeway. I have a scar on my forehead and was covered in blood. I thought that I had bad luck for a while, but have researched it, and this is not just me. Thousands of Honda and Acura drivers have the same problem. Most have replaced regulators many times in the same vehicle. Please please do something to make Acura/Honda provide a free and reliable solution to this massive problem. I can't pay another bill for this and am using cardboard and a garbage bag over the windows now.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Nov 232008

MDX 6-cyl

Reproducibly at automatic transmission shifting speeds between 20-25mph, 30-35mph and 40-45mph there is an audible and palpable shudder as the transmission hesitates prior to shifting. Have brought vehicle to Acura dealer 3 times over the past 5 years, every time stating the same complaint, and every time referencing a convincing multitude of Acura MDX owners noting a similar problem. Every time Acura service states they could not reproduce the problem and nothing is wrong with the vehicle. The last time I even drove the car with their chief mechanic, who verified the problem and stated it must be the torque converter, but Acura only performed an automatic transmission flush and reset the transmission computer settings that they charged me for, and neither solved the problem. This is a serious dangerous problem and eventually someone is going to get seriously hurt. Links with multiple owners experiencing the same problem and frustration: www.aboutautomobile.com/complaint/2005/Acura/MDX/automatic+transmission repairpal.com/debris-in-transmission-due-to-failed-torque-converter-clutch-006 forums.edmunds.com/discussion/12576/Acura/MDX/Acura-MDX-torque-converter-scam/P3 I also have in my possession an internal Acura memo detailing this problem. Many thanks in advance for what I am certain will be a thorough investigation!

- Clarks Summit, PA, USA