Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Acura MDX:

May 112019

MDX

On the afternoon of May 11, 2011 I pushed the button to close my car trunk hatch and my 13 Y/O daughter ran into a sharp edge of the hatch cutting her front right eye lash. There is a manufacturer-built sharp edge that caused the cut. Should the edge hadn┐T been in that location, she wouldn┐T have cut her eye lid. We immediately took my daughter to the hospital emergency room to stop the bleeding and reseal her eye lid.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 232015

MDX

The rear lift gate will open using the automatic door opener, but once open it will not stay open. In my case, I opened the rear door, but when I went to get something from the back of the vehicle, the door came down on my head. Not only is this disappointing to have this issue in a car with less than 40,000 miles, but it is also very dangerous.

- Minnetonka, MN, USA