Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Acura RL:

Aug 122012

RL

Tamara recall my SRS light stays on continually. I am concerned there is a problem with the airbags. I need to know if it is safe to have someone in the passenger seat or if the airbag is defective and is a recall. I do not drive this car very often but now I have to because I have no other transportation.

- Atwater, CA, USA

Feb 252009

RL

The contact owns a 2000 Acura Rl. While driving approximately 30 mph, the SRS warning indicator remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the sensor in the passenger seat needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000. The VIN was not available.

- Hollidaysburg, PA, USA

Nov 302001

RL

I have been having problems with the air bags, since I bought the car

- Sanford, NC, USA

Jan 012016

RL

The contact owns a 2000 Acura Rl. When the vehicle was started, the air bag light remained illuminated. The failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 115,000.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Nov 082015

RL

The SRS sensor jus pop on the ABS sensor pop on also the check engine light pops I don't know what to do and also I heard ticking and tapping and the engine started jumping whether I'm going slow or fast I really need some serious help why is because I can possibly be in great danger do to the sensors that are going out in my vehicle.

- Greenwood, MS, USA

May 082015

RL

SRS light on the dash stays on. It is my understanding that the airbags will not deploy with light on. I had an independent mechanic determine that the airbag control module needs to be replaced. I believe this should be a repair that should be covered by a manufacturer warranty. Based on review of the safercar.gov website there are several other incidents of this same problem for this make, model and year.

- Mechanicville, VA, USA

Nov 062014

RL 6-cyl

SRS dash light has come on and stayed on.

- Midland, TX, USA

Feb 142014

RL

The SRS light has come on and stayed on. Air bags will not deploy with the light on.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 112011

RL

The contact owns a 2000 Acura Rl. The contact stated that the SRS indicator continuously illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the technician was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- Ocla, FL, USA

Aug 192009

RL 6-cyl

SRS light on dash stays on. Dealer cannot reset to get light to stay off. Acura of denville, NJ says opds (occupant position detection system) and sensor assemblies need to be re-placed at a cost of $1349.65 (+ tax). With SRS light on air bags will not deploy. The SRS failure appears to be the failure most documented in this forum. It is a safety issue which should have a recall to correct the problem.

- Randolph, NJ, USA

Aug 222013

RL 6-cyl

SRS light stays on problem with sensor for airbag.

- Beltsville, MD, USA

Jun 012005

RL

The SRS light on my 2000 Acura Rl has come on and will not go off...I see that there was a problem with Honda vehicles with this problem...does the recall also apply to Acura Rl models?...please advise.

- Binghamton, NY, USA

Nov 012004

RL

Acura 3.5rl 2000, defective airbag.

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 012002

RL

Vehicle had multiple electrical problems. The problems may have cause one crash. Bf the consumer hit a vehicle which was stopped in a turning lane at 35 mph. When the vehicle crashed the air bags did not deploy. Throttle body was bent. Faulty window regulator caused the window to not close.

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA