Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Acura TL:

Feb 242017

TL

Takata recall and electrical system: Air bag deployed right side of car electrical system malfunctioning right side before the crash. Because of deployment of right side air bag it caused the driver side air bag to be deployed. Car was exiting highway ramp when airbag deployed. Documented ins estimate avail.

- Port Chester, NY, USA

May 312012

TL 6-cyl

Was driving my vehicle which I just purchased on May 26th 2012, and my car began to have shifting problems in 2nd and third gear racing rpms and would not stay engaged in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear and violently downshifted into second gear at freeway speeds causing me even restrained by the seat beat to fly into the steering wheel and windsheild bumping my head and hurting my back due to whip lash. This occurrence happened several times. Then the D5 would start flashing and check engine light became lite. After calling Acura customer care, brian informed me of the recall that had to do with this matter and was supposedly fixed. My car is unsafe to drive because of the rapid change of speed at the cars desire. I could injure not just myself but others around me.

- Castro Valley, CA, USA