Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Acura TL:

Mar 012000

TL

I had a total of 6 transmissions replaced in my Acura TL 2000 3.2 liter. Why is Toyota getting so much press and trouble and Honda didn't. Honda wouldn't address the issue and my resale value was horrible. I encountered the problem after buying the car at 14,000 miles. I am considering sending this to abc news. They wanted the story a couple of years ago when I E-mailed them. I think I will follow up now. Why do Toyota owners get help but Acura owners do not. The recommendations by your Agency didn't protect Acura owners from potential deadly consequences nor financial losses. I spent thousands of dollars on this problem. Your remedy was insulting and the lawsuit was a joke.

- Austin, TX, USA

Nov 242009

TL

All motor mounts have failed in my 2000 Acura 3.2 TL. In reading about this online it appears that it's happened to thousands of other people online with the same year, make and model as me. As I just purchased the car, I don't know when it happened, however I just uncovered it and really think it's worth looking into.

- Central Point, OR, USA

Jun 262008

TL

While starting up the car and shifting to reverse, the car accelerated up to a high speed. I was not able to stop the car until it hit a tree and the impact of the car cause me to hit the gear shift to park. The rear end was damaged enough that my insurance company totaled it. The distance of travel before the impact was less than 20 feet. I have had to have a transmission replaced as a result of a safety recall (2003).

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jun 012005

TL

2000 Acura TL repairs made to the oil kit.** answer required***. less than 400 miles after the repair, the kit experienced a failure in one of the connecting hoses that resulted in a loss of all transmission fluid.

- Catonsville, MD, USA

Jan 012003

TL

Nar 1/29/2003. The consumer was concerned about irregular shifting behavior that other drivers have been experiencing. The consumer also owns the same type of vehicle.

- Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, USA

Nov 012003

TL

While driving the vehicle's transmission failed. The vehicle was on the highway when the incident occurred. The vehicle felt like it was thrown violently forward and caused the rear of the vehicle to rise.

- Jenison, MI, USA