Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura TL:

Jun 022008

TL 6-cyl

Dashboard cracks on right side area of air bag.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Sep 162011

TL

12-15" cracks have developed over the entire dashboard causing the air bag malfunction light on the dash to illuminate--thereby indicating a problem with the air bag. This is clearly due to the problematic cracks over the entire surface of the dashboard, including both the driver side and passenger side. Going over a pot hole or severe bump could cause the air bag to inflate and possibly cause an accident or injury to the front passenger. The 2004 Acura dashboard obviously is defective and should be replaced by Acura and further, investigated for potential accidental discharge of the passenger air bag.

- Potomac, MD, USA

Aug 012010

TL

The contact owns a 2004 Acura TL. The contact noticed that the dashboard was fractured and there was a larger fracture on the passenger side where the air bag was located. The contact was concerned that the failure could affect the deployment of the air bags in the event of a crash. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The current mileage was 83,000 and the approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Los Angelos, CA, USA

Jun 012011

Dash board cracked

- Montgomery , AL, USA

Aug 272010

TL

I am writing about my 2004 Acura TL and having a cracked dash and might have a safety issue concerning the deployment of the airbag.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Feb 022010

TL

I bought a used 2004 Acura TL. The dashboard crack is outlining the passenger side airbag. I'm trusting that this will not be a safety issue for any passenger if I ever get in an accident. I do not often drive other people, which frees me from worrying about repercussions. When I called Acura's headquarters, the representative stated that he did not know that this was a widespread issue in this model and year. I've seen the group on facebook as well. The cracks are located consistently in the same area.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Feb 012004

TL 6-cyl

My 2004 Acura TL (5at) has a driveline vibration at 1500 rpms. I have replaced the tires at my own cost, but that did not resolve the issue. The dealer has no resolution for this issue, and Acura care claims that they are aware of the issue but there are is no resolution planned.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA