1.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Buick Century:

Feb 132018

Century

Defective odometer readings, gear indicators disappeared. The odometer reading disappeared, and the gear indicator disappeared on instrument cluster. I have no way to read my odometer, nor do I know what gear I am in, prnd21. Now I can accidently be in reverse and not even know it. This is an extremely dangerous situation, and there should be a recall on this. Mechanic charges $100 to fix, and also states they can insert any odometer reading that I would like to have. This should be illegal. I no longer have a valid odometer reading for my yearly inspections, or if I were to sell my vehicle. I could drive in 1st gear and burn up my transmission and shut down in the middle of the interstate and cause a serious accident or be run over for dead stopped on roads. My instrument panel has not had an accurate fuel guage reading in years, it comes and goes. I have been able to figure out gas usage by mileage, now that is no longer possible. I must fill up weekly just so I know I wont run out of gas. The car only has 55,000 original miles on it. This is just not right. I extremely upset about this and dont know how to get it fixed properly and covered from the dealerships. You should have a lifetime warranty on your odometer reading and knowing what gear you are in. Please advise and look forward to hearing from you concerning this very serious safety issue.

- Asheville, NC, USA

Jan 012016

Century

I keep getting my air bag warning light coming on, the ABS, and the check engine soon light, they wont go off. The fuel line that goes into the gas tank /neck leaks when gas gets pumped into it. The odometer mileage display P.R.N.D.L. wont work and neither will the temperature gauge indicator for the climate control gauge.

- Louisville, TN, USA

Jul 042008

Century

The contact owns a 2000 Buick Century. While driving 50 mph, the interior and exterior lights flashed on and off. The contact stated that the multi-function switch, which controls the lights for the vehicle, failed. The vehicle has not been diagnosed by the dealer. The current mileage was 50,000 and failure mileage was 47,000.

- Taos, NM, USA