1.5

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Buick Enclave:

Mar 162019

Enclave

We purchased a 2009 GMC Buick Enclave from gillie hyde used cars in glasgow, ky on 3-15-19. Immediately upon driving the vehicle home, we noted that the vehicle shook when accelerating. We immediately took to our mechanic who noted the transmission issue and we researched the vehicle and found that there was a recall on the vehicle with an extended warranty to the transmission as well as the timing as well as the rear tailgate falling after automatically opening. None of these items were listed. Https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/Buick/Enclave/2009/reliability#recalls the recalls were not noted on the carfax provided by the dealership. We feel as though we have been mislead and completely lied to about this vehicle. The vehicle shakes bad. We had transmission fluid changed, oil changed and still shakes. GM knew of the shaking resulting from the timing chain stretching and our dealer did not inform us of this (even when they had another Enclave on the lot with this issue and told us not to buy it). GM continued to manufacture this engine and finally issued an extended warranty: In November 2012, GM released a special coverage adjustment (#11340C) for timing chain wear in 2.8L and 3.6L V6 engines (LP1/LY7/llt).

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

Dec 162015

Enclave

Check engine light on with reduced engine power message. Also display ac off message and overheat message. Vehicle towed. Pressure tested system found water pump leaking. Removed and replaced water pump. Front timing cover leaking. Removed front engine cover and resealed. Found both front struts leaking. Removed and replaced front struts.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Mar 032015

Enclave

No sound, just quit when I tried to increase speed. Onto highway I.had to pull over and went slowly into garage. The car has complete transmission failure, bad bearing on transfer case shaft, which is leading to 7 thousand dollars in repairs. I take great care of my cars and am very disappointed in the performance of this vehicle. I am surprised there are no recalls. Why would a transmission fail at this mileage? I am looking at another car manufacturer for my next vehicle. I have always purchased GM products.

- Stoughton, WI, USA

Nov 152012

Enclave

Vehicle transmission either, slips, doesn't shift or shifts erratically. The engine misfires at times. Steering issues. Navigation system issues, strut failure, heated seat failure. ## VIN failed ##

- Fayetteville, WV, USA