Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick Rendezvous:

Jul 302013

There was and is a recall on the gas tanks of Buick Rendezvous since 2007. I was refused service by a dealer to check and inspect my gas tank. Then when I took it back to another dealer I was charged $40 to have it looked at. In 2008 another recall was issued on the gas tank. Indicating that the whole gas tank has to be replaced with a brand new one. I was never contacted by phone or mail or any other means that the gas tank on my vehicle has been recalled. I am requesting that I receive written documentation from GM that my vehicle's gas tank is included in the recall and that a dealer must replace it at not cost to me.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jul 052013

The contact owns 2002 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that after refueling, fuel sprayed out of the filler neck. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who informed the contact that the filler neck was completely rusted. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Mayfield, OH, USA

May 202013

When driving our car accelerates while driving. Doesn't matter what speed, 25 and or up, it's frightening and not sure of where to go or who to see.

- East Troy, WI, USA

Sep 162011

The contact owns a 2002 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that after refueling, a strong odor of gasoline emitted inside and outside of the vehicle. In addition, fuel was visible on the ground. In order to avoid the fuel leak, one half tank of fuel had to be dispensed into the fuel tank and not exceed that level. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis, who stated that the failure was contributed to a leak within the fuel tank and he was unable to determine where it originated. There were two recalls associated with the fuel tank under NHTSA campaign id numbers: 07V349000 and 07E021000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was notified and they informed the contact that both recalls were expired. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Ringgold , VA, USA

Mar 012013

Inlet check valve iicv) on the fuel storage tank is cracked and is leaking fuel onto the fuel tank and onto the ground, this is the same problem listed in NHTSA campaign # 07V349000 and Buick's, safety product bulletin 06230. On 12/04/2007 a recall was issued for replacement of the tank on the Buick Rendezvous, 2002 on only certain vehicles. When I called GM they said my vehicle was not covered under the recall, as they have done with numerous other owners who have to bear the cost of from $1,000 to $1,400 my estimate to replace the tank. First why isn't my vehicle part of the recall and second who decides what vehicles are eligible. This default is prevalent in all 2002 Rendezvous and there should be no time limit restriction on failure of the fuel tank. This is a major fire safety hazard and needs to be corrected by GM. I never received the notice of the defect so I could have been driving the vehicle and it could have caught fire and who know what would have happened. A recall notice should be issued on all 2002 Rendezvous before someone is seriously injured or their house burns down from the fumes be ignited by an ignition source where they park the vehicle. ## VIN failed ##

- Mitchellville, MD, USA

Feb 152012

The contact owns a 2002 Buick Rendezvous. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph the contact smelled fuel inside of the vehicle. The contact stated the fuel gauge was defective and fuel was leaking from the fuel tank due to a failed fuel neck. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic for a diagnostic test. The mechanic noticed a NHTSA campaign I.D. 07E021000 (fuel system, other: Storage: Tank assembly: Pressure relief devices) and suggested the contact to call the manufacturer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle had surpassed the statue of limitations. The failure mileage was 184,000.

- Willow Springs, NC, USA

Sep 192012

Rendezvous 6-cyl

Fuel leaking externally at the gas tank inlet check valve. GM and dealer have determined existing recall for this condition does not apply to my vehicle, even though the symptoms I'm experienced are exactly those detailed in the recall, and my VIN falls within the applicable range provided for the recall. This is a very unsafe condition. NHTSA campaign id number: 07V349000 GM recall # 06230A.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA