Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Buick Rendezvous:

Sep 032006

Rendezvous 6-cyl

At approx 20,000 miles my air conditioner unit went bad. I believe it was the condenser. At approx 23,000 miles my radio will stay on after we exited the car and would drain our battery. Took it to the dealer and found no problems. They regrounded the electrical system. After a couple of hundred miles same issue returned and didn't bother taking it to the dealer. At approx 30,000 miles we were getting a check engine light but dealer didn't find anything. They thought it was air in the fuel tank. Had same issues for a couple of times but didn't bother taking it to the dealer. At approx 45,000 -50,00 the computer unit went bad. The speedometer, odometer, temperature gauge and fuel gauge was going haywire. The dealer replaced the computer unit and at the same time they found the intake manifold gasket was bad. They went ahead and replaced it. At approx 50,00 - 52,000 the key cylinder went bad. I couldn't put in the ignition key and had to tow the truck to the dealer. I never had those problems with previous vehicles. Now at approx 57,500 miles there is a noise in the engine compartment. There's no noise when the engine idles when the car is stopped. When the truck starts speeding up you hear a hum in the engine compartment. The faster you go the louder it gets. It also gets louder if you steer to the right. I have to take it to the dealer to find out what's wrong. The problem is that after you get the car fixed, there's always some other things going bad. Once after another. I have to be at the dealer once a month. There is a website that you can reference to these similar incidents that correspond to what I have been experiencing. It is www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_75095.html.

- Colton, CA, USA

Jul 162005

Rendezvous 6-cyl

A/C condenser failure (leak from crack), failure disables the A/C unit, dealer indicates it is a $1000 repair. Vehicle is 2002 Buick Rendezvous with just under 50K miles

- Anderson, IN, USA

May 092005

Rendezvous 6-cyl

Bought 2002 Buick Rendezvous cxl from carmax with 29K miles. Seemed to run ok for first couple months...at around 36K miles, the condenser went out at the same time as the odometer started to display "error". unacceptable for condenser to fail with just 3 years of light use. Also, had to replace instrument panel to get rid of error - took a week to ship the error panel to factory so they could read mileage and set on a new panel to ship back to the dealer. Luckily I purchased extended warranty, but I still have a 75 deductable for every repair and rental vehicle is not covered.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA