Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Cadillac Escalade:

Dec 202009

Escalade

On General Motors cars that light the backup lights while parked and remote lock and unlock are activated. Pedestrians and drivers stop as if the vehicle may back up which should be a proper reaction. I have even taught my children this, people now have a tendency to ignore the backup lamps on vehicles in parking lots as well as creating inconvenient situations as cars and pedestrians stop for unoccupied vehicles. I have found myself driving past these vehicles when they are attempting to backup creating a close call. I know this seems trivial but I see potential problems and it seems to me a simple computer reflash could solve this disturbing trend. In the vehicle description I chose Cadillac Escalade though it seems to be most GM products.

- Elverson, PA, USA