4.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Cadillac Escalade:

Escalade

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Cadillac Escalade. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer (charlie obaugh Chevrolet Buick GMC, 410 lee jackson hwy, suite a, staunton, va 24401, (540) 324-4449) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Waynesboro, VA, USA

Escalade

The air bag has not been relaced. Going on 2 years since the recall.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Jul 012016

Escalade

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Cadillac Escalade. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Jun 022016

Escalade

Takata recall. My wife drives this vehicle daily with our two children. The airbag light has randomly come on and off for the past 2 years. Now it is permittedly on, with the 'service airbagż also on the information center. As a safety issue we fill this needs to be addressed immediately, which IżM sure has been expressed by many others who have this problem.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Escalade

We have been receiving letters about the takata airbag recall & I also have the carfax app that states the recall & also the airbag light came on. We took the car to the local dealer after they took our appointment to repair the airbag then they kept the car all day to get a call that there is no fix for the airbag therefore they can't turn the airbag light off either. We really need to sell this car as we have a high payment & we need to reduce our monthly payments. This is hard to do when the airbag light is on. My husband had been dealing with many many people, supervisors, GM etc & nobody seems to want to help. (interesting that my brother has the same recall on his Lincoln & he's in a rental car). We are taking a life threatening risk every time we drive this car as there is someone always in the passenger seat whether it's one of our kids, ourselves or another friend etc.

- Valencia, CA, USA

Jan 032017

Escalade

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Cadillac Escalade. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair the dealer (ken batchelor Cadillac, 11001 interstate 10 pkwy, san antonio, tx 78230) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Boerne, TX, USA

Jan 012017

Escalade

Parts are never available. Every time I go to may dealership (ken bachalor Cadillac, san antonio, tx) they always tell me they never have the part(s) to make the repair. This has been going on for going on 2 years.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Escalade

The contact owns a 2009 Cadillac Escalade. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called a local dealer (dossett big 4 Buick GMC Cadillac, 628 S gloster St, tupelo, ms 38801) and was informed that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Calhoun City, MS, USA

Mar 062018

Escalade

Takata recall General Motors has not provided the replacement part to the dealerships. I cannot get my car repaired, the service departments say there's nothing they can do. If there is no replacement I'd rather have the airbag removed than to run the risk of explosion. I live in a hot and humid climate, which is especially vulnerable. There must be an urgent repair initiative.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Oct 252017

Escalade

Takata recall car was recalled in May 2016. Replacement parts are still unavailable.this is AZ which is zone B of the recall due to high temperatures

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 162017

Escalade

There was a symbol showing on the dashboard about the airbag. Also a symbol to check the suspension of the vehicle and the steps wont come out no more of the doors

- Forest Park, GA, USA

May 012016

Escalade

Takata airbag inflators recall were received by me since May 2016. I have been checking with the dealership since then and am told they do not have the parts or are unaware of what to fix as nothing is on their bulletin advising them what to do. I am unable to get the recall scheduled due to this, and am concerned that by being unable to have the recall taken care of, presents a life threatening situation and daily danger to me with driving on the road with defective airbags.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Escalade

Takata recall GM is not providing replacement airbags

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Apr 142016

Escalade

The contact owns a 2009 Cadillac Escalade. While driving approximately 55 mph, the side and rear air bags deployed without warning or impact. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the air bags were repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lafeyette, LA, USA

Dec 262014

Escalade

I recently purchased a pristine 2009 Cadillac Escalade with only 38,000 miles and signed up for any and all recalls related to that year vehicle, unfortunately, someone on your end, isolated me to "tire recalls". please "adjust" your files accordingly to any and all recall issues. Thanks. Your screwed up form refuses to allow me to send it to you, as you want me to indicate a particular affected part or parts. I have shown three different parts and it keeps getting refused, so what ever parts I show are not applicable, but only included to be able to submit my form on your crazed web site

- Las Vegas, , NV, USA