Most common solutions:

2. replace headlights (2 reports)
  3. (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Cadillac SRX:

Oct 182019

SRX LX 3.6L V6

I was driving to a friends house the night of October 18, 2019. She had already pulled out of her driveway and was waiting on me to park in her driveway because she was driving us to a venue. When I parked in her driveway and entered her car, she told me that as I approached her home, she literally could not tell that my headlights were on!!! She could see the side lights, but the round head lights were not visible to her.

This was very alarming to me because ever since March 2019, I have had issues seeing the lines on the streets at night. I thought it was my vision changing and I needed a new eye glass and contact prescription. Although I had both changed, seeing the lines at night did not improve!!! I had also heard that the industry had converted to LED head lights in the past few years, so lights coming towards me could contribute to me not seeing the lines clearly. However, after October 18th, I began to research if anyone else had issues and found that there were many issues similar to mine!!

On October 28, 2019, I saw another Cadillac SRX owner in the parking lot of a super market and asked her if she had any issues with low beam lights and she said YES!!!!

On November 4, 2019, I followed a friend up a very dark street and asked him to give me his opinion as to whether or not my lights were on. He said yes, they were on, but very dim. He was very concerned about me driving at night!!!

I am very concerned and would like to get more information about the law suit in Michigan. I would rather Cadillac and GM do the right thing and replace these faulty lights with LED lights, but I will join the lawsuit if there is no resolution. Can you please provide me with next steps to assist me with resolving this potentially dangerous issue?

Regards, Doris Lee dlee109.dl@gmail.com

- dlee109.dl, Cypress, US

Nov 272018

SRX Luxury V6

I purchased this vehicle used from a Lexus dealer in 2018 and didn't drive it at night for quite a while. The first time I did I was totally shocked since I couldn't see anything on low beam and had to operate it on high beam. I called the local Cadillac dealer and he claimed he hadn't heard of any problem with lights and he would have to charge me $150.00 to diagnose it and if it needed new headlight assemblies they would be around $750.00 each. I asked about replacing the bulbs with halogen and he said he didn't know but would I bring it around after I had that done so he could see if it made a difference. His denial of the problem clearly was a load of crap based on his denial, knowledge of the cost and wanting me to bring it so he could see it after new bulbs were installed. I did have the bulbs replaced with halogen but it made next to no difference and I need to run it on high beam if I want to see anything and that has oncoming traffic blinking at me once in a while. I see aftermarket headlamp assemblies advertised for as low as $249.99 for both left and right and would like to know if that will fix the problem. Does anybody have information about that? Please let me hear from you. I have filled out the complaint as requested on this site, but have heard nothing in the several months ago that I did that. If the after market replacement works, it wouldn't be too bad, but I can't really see anything wrong with the assemblies currently by just looking at them. Is there a definitive description of what causes this?

- Hank H., bradenton, FL, US

Feb 012019

SRX

This X 1,000. This car was dangerous to drive at night on low beam. Never buy another Cadillac!

- emptynest, Leesville, US

Feb 202019

SRX LX 3.2L V

Low beam lights are failing causing a significant safety issue while driving at night. Low beams do not provide enough light to be able to see. High beams must be used to be able to see the road but the high beams blind oncoming vehicles also causing a safety issue. The vehicle should be recalled to permanently fix this issue.

- David G., Westminster, MA, US

Mar 012018

SRX 3.2lV6

Cadillac needs take responsibility and fix the problem with these cars.

- Clarence W., Seaford, VA, US

Oct 182018

SRX

I bought this car in 2016 as a second vehicle to use on trips. I mostly drive my old 1999 Camry. Several weeks ago, my niece was hit by another driver and her car was totaled, since I let her borrow the Camry. I have been driving the car for several weeks now and noticed the headlights are very dim. This is very dangerous because I can barely see the road in front of me. I use the hi beams constantly but have to go back to the dims so I don't blind oncoming drivers. This is both annoying and dangerous. I have made an appointment for service and to have them look at the headlights. Will post on here the outcome of that visit.

- bjarmon2000, H, US

May 012017

SRX Luxury

The headlights are so dim that I can barely see when driving at night. I have to use them on bright most of the time just to be sure that other drivers can see me. I took it to Cadillac to have them fixed and they told me there's nothing they can do but charge me $1600 to replace the casings.

- Rochelle P., Novi, US

Apr 212019

SRX

Finally took car to dealership and ask about low lighting on low beams. Was told that there was a recall for 2016 - 2018 models but not 2015. These recalls were due to reflective part not positioned correctly or does not exist. I am not a mechanic just a annoyed driver. Total cost for replacing headlamps is over $1700. I am almost to a point to trade Cadillac for another car brand maybe I would see better to be safer on road and also be able to travel at night. I feel as if I am limited to only day travel due to unsafe conditions from a car I am paying for. Hope the company recalls and makes vehicle safer to drive for all owners.

- Tammy B., Bennettsville, US

Sep 302018

SRX 3.6L V6

I gradually started noticing a difference at night, thinking it was back roads or the time changing and getting dark earlier. It started getting worse and I thought my eye sight was going bad. I used my husband's truck one night and I could REALLY tell a difference and it was NOT my eyes. It has gotten so bad I have to use my high beams all the time at night and that is dangerous for the oncoming drivers. However, if I don't, the worse case is I don't see them and then an accident occurs. It was really bad last week and I just missed a deer and went into the other lane almost hitting another car.

I had the bulbs replaced and NO better, they said it was a defect with Cadillac and I should get the headlight lens assembly replaced. This is a COSTLY item and the labor, however the dealer is worse. I bought this car wanting a Cadillac all my life and I can't believe GM does not care about the people buying there cars and suv's and they are not cheap. I really am hoping everyone will file a complaint and a recall can be made. This is going to cause someone's death its just a matter of time.

- Norma R., White Marsh, MD, US

Nov 012018

SRX Limited V6

GM needs to do a recall PRIOR to a fatality. Even after the recommended replacement by the dealer, the illumination is sub par. We are an accident waiting to happen.

- Carol S., Evansville, US

Jun 042018

SRX Luxury V6

The lights are very dim. According to the service manager at dealership they are having issues with the lights and the only fix is to replace the entire unit. I replaced both of the light bulbs and the low beams are still very low and this creates an extreme danger to drive the vehicle at night.

- Jeff R., Jacksonville, US