6.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer:

Jun 032005

Blazer

Car started shaking. Out side of tire started separation and tread peeling off.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Nov 152003

Blazer

Our tires, uniroyal nail gard tiger paw P235/70R15, were very new, they had excellent tread left. I noticed a "wobble" developing and w/in a few days the tire exploded. The back left tire tread seperated. Our fuel line was torn out, the inner wall of our wheel well was broken up and had to be replaced. We were w/out our vehicle for almost 2 months. The repair shop informed us that our tires had been discontinued so we received a differnt type of uniroyal tire. It has been 2 months since the car was returned to us. I have noticed the "wobble" again. We are getting new tires tomorrow. Our complaints to uniroyal were ignored. They gave no reason for the discontinuation of the tires. I wonder why it is ok to let people continue driving around on tires that could kill them" why doesn't this government website do anything about all these complaints? maybe when someone dies they will. Won't that be a nice law suit"

- Corona, CA, USA

Jul 012003

Blazer 4WD 6-cyl

Tread separation on two uniroyal Laredo P235-70-15 on a 2000 Blazer tires, with-in a 10 day period. Apx. 10 days ago front end was shaking, told of tire separation on L/F. tread was separating from tire. Bought 2 new tires. Today I had tire separation on L/R and again tread was pealing from tire. Called uniroyal today and after three phone calls of getting the runaround I was then able to have one covered under warranty the other tire was disposed of by tire shop. Tires had about 60-65% tread life left on them. Problem was that the tire shops they sent me too said they only sell uniroyal tires and do not warranty them. Other problem was by alleged regional representative in my opinion had a "no care" attitude.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Aug 012001

Blazer 4WD

Clunks of the counsumer tires (all four) treads began to come off, the tire manufacturer says the the original equipment tires were "street tires", if that is the case the consumer is concerned as to why the vehicle manufacture would put "street tires" on a 4-wheel drive vehicle, the vehicle is driven on the consumer's 1/2 mile gravel road(uniroyal tires P235/70R15 102S, E4, 0263323 radial tubeless standard load 860kg *1896 lbs) at max infl 240kg pa psi, tread plies, sidewall 2 plies, P1096306, E26280, 31329). Nlm

- Wynne, AR, USA