6.7

$690

Most common solutions:

1. replace gas line (3 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt:

Mar 252019

Cobalt

Could not figure out why I was going through gas so quickly. I did realize that the car was leaking something but unable to take in for servicing right away. I left my fiance in the running car while I ran into a store and a few minutes later he came and got me saying we have to leave right now! As soon as we get outside, he explained several people stopped freaking that the car is leaking gas everywhere! There was a huge puddle of gas under rear driver side tire! We left panicked and actually ran out of gas in traffic! Thank God I had an emergency gas can in trunk. This could of been a horrible AVOIDABLE problem. Come on Chevy, THIS IS DEFINITELY A MANUFACTURING DEFECT-

RECALL THIS BEFORE SOMEONE GETS INJURED!

- Noelle M., Mishawaka, US

Aug 032018

Cobalt

Overall this has been an ok car, but as I was using it the other day I started to smell gas. I didn't think much of it and just assumed it was one of the trucks that was working nearby and kept going. The smell got stronger and as I pulled out of a parking spot, I saw a puddle and after checking noticed it was indeed fuel. What I found was crazy. The fuel line just in front of the driver side rear tire was substantially leaking. The major problem is they not only routed the fuel line there, they also routed the exhaust right there as well. So the fuel was leaking inches if not less from the hot exhaust. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

- Brian B., Jefferson Township, PA, USA

Dec 262016

Cobalt LT 3.2L

This car is only six yrs old and I don't think the gas line should have rusted out, never had it happen to any of our other cars that were a lot older than this. I don't think this should have never happened on a six yr old car, it must have been made out of inferior products. My husband worked for GM for over 30 yrs so we have always had GM cars and trucks. I was lucky I wasn't stranded on the side of the road, it happened just as I turned my corner but since it was boxing day no one was open until Wednesday Dec 28, had to rent a car because I had an appointment on Wed.

- marilynton, Port Colborne, ON, Canada