9.2

Most common solutions:

1. replace torque converter (3 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Colorado:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

Jan 172019

Colorado Z71 3.6L V6

At low speeds seems OK. From around 45 mph a popping and loud thump starts when accelerating. At higher speeds 55 to 70 a shuttering (sounds like running across rumble strips) worse going up hill and down hill.

- Don D., Bullard, TX, US

Oct 242018

Colorado Work Truck 3.6L

After torque converter replacement, trans was good again for awhile. Now I have 16,500 miles on this truck & the problem has returned. Dealer is stating there is a software fix coming the 1st quarter of this year. It is time explore Lemon Law buy back!

- Paul G., Richmond, US

Dec 012018

Colorado LX 3.2L V6

Brand new truck. Appears the Colorado is known for having a crap transmission. Check Google. Won’t ever buy another one.

- Shawn C., Altamonte Springs, US

Jul 182018

Colorado 3.6L V6

2017 Chevy Colorado 4 door V-6, started to shuttle in Sept. 2017. Brought it in, they hook their machine up, they didn't find anything wrong. So I brought it in again. They changed trans fluid, 3 point flush. That worked for 2 months, then shuttle came back. The next thing they changed was the torque converter in 2018, that lasted about a couple of months, so they put another torque converter on that had a different number. Started to shuttle a few months later. This was in 2018. They told me they will be getting new type of trans fluid in Jan 2019.

- Lynn B., Denham Springs, US

Aug 032018

Colorado 3.2L V6

I have had my truck in to the dealer twice for this problem. The 1st time the dealer stated the reset the software for the transmission. The 2nd time they change the torque converter and replaced fluids. I will be taking it back once again for the same issue. My truck still slips going out of or down to 1st gear. I am still feeling the shuttering or possible timing issue. My truck is under warranty but still for the money I paid it is a problem. Lets get it right Chevy.

- Jeff P., Bradenton, FL, US