8.0

Most common solutions:

1. replace rim (3 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette:

Aug 272019

Corvette Grand Sport 6.2L V8 Di/Wt

Just want everyone to know that my rim is cracked and it blew my tire out causing me to have to replace the tire thus far, to only find out that my rim has to be replaced as it is not able to be welded to prevent air loss. It was determined that the crack, even though it appears to be a hairline crack, is too deep to weld and replacement is needed. Kind of odd considering normal driving once in a awhile and others have had this same issue with their rims. I will consult with GM to see is this is something they will address with me.

- Channing R., Plainfield, IN, US

Aug 102019

Corvette Grand Spoprt 6.2L V8

I began losing tire pressure in my passenger rear tire. I took it back to my local Chevrolet dealer (Tom Gill) for a tire inspection. I was informed that I do not need a new tire, but there was a hairline crack on the inside rim.

I asked for a replacement and have not been contacted. I had to recontact Tom Gill Chevrolet and was told that the rim was ordered but no date was given on the replacement. I was informed just to keep adding air if I want to drive the Corvette. Who in their right mind wants to drive an automobile on a cracked rim??? Chevy needs to correct this problem!

- Big P., Covington, KY, US

May 042019

Corvette Grand Sport 6.0L

After investigating a long term slow leak in my right (passenger side) rear tire I discovered my rim was cracked and after contacting my local dealer, I was surprised to hear that GM would not cover this under factory warranty.

- E J., Upper Marlboro, US