Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze:

Dec 012018

Cruze

My engine will just shut off randomly, with no warning at all. I have took it into dealer becase it was still covered until powertrain, of course they found nothing after having my car for 4 days. My car shuts off on the highway, in the middle of traffic, or while coming off the highway with cars trailing behind me. It shuts off sitting at red lights, when the auto start comes back on it never fully will come back on, and just completely shuts off. In which I have to put my car in park and start the car again, and at times it doesn't start right away! my check engine light has been up, however, the dealership and an auto store both pulled codes and none had anything to do with the actual engine. There is also a "service brake assist" warning that has been on as well. My breaks work, but you have to push down very hard for them to work at 100%. I have 2 children, and am a single mom, this is a huge safety concern and putting all of our lives at risk! no one seems to know what is wrong with the car, and I don't want any of us to get injured or die because of this issue, because sooner or later someone will.

- Fenton, MO, USA

Apr 102019

Cruze

When stopping, an initial press of the brake pedal would not engage brake like usual. Had to push all the way down to get the vehicle's brakes to engage. This has happened three times, each time the vehicle was in motion, driving under 20mph.

- Lawrence, KS, USA

Nov 032018

Cruze

While looking for parking in my apartment complex it became very hard to press down on the break peddle and I was forced to use my E-break to stop. My break peddle is now very hard to press and after speaking with a mechanic I was told it was the power break booster.

- Corona, CA, USA

Feb 012018

Cruze

I parked my car in the parking lot at my work and I had the brake up but the car rolled back and hit a parked car. Thankfully, not a lot of damage was done to the car but I couldn't relax about my car. I took my car into the dealership because I had the car only 1 1/2 years and they had my car for 4 hours. When I called them, I felt like they were talking down to me because I'm a girl and then they told me that the car was working the way that the manufacturer designed it. I have driven a stick shift for over 20 years and the manufacturers shouldn't be designing cars so that the brakes don't work.

- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA

Oct 152017

Cruze

Car has less than 17,000 miles on it, and the car jerks like a failing transmission. When driving and starting up after stopping it jerks and hesitates. Brakes are continuously being blown out as they squeal.

- Gardnerville, NV, USA

Nov 052016

Cruze

The contact owned a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze. While driving 55 mph and attempting to make a turn, the contact depressed the brake pedal and the vehicle began to fishtail. The vehicle struck a guardrail and collided with a tree. The contact also stated that the ground was dry. The contact had to be transported by ambulance to the hospital and had hip surgery and lacerations to the back of the head, which required medical attention. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. A police report was filed. The approximate failure mileage was 2,135.

- Proctor, OK, USA