$660

Most common solutions:

1. replace manifold (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox:

Jan 042019

Equinox LT

Was driving our Equinox and came to a stop light. Noticed a slight shudder and very brief stutter in the engine. As I started to give it gas to go at the green light, the car lost power. It dropped in speed and power to almost a total stall. I quickly gave it a slight pump to the gas and it came back to normal. No check engine light came on. The next day as soon as I started the car, the Check Engine light turned on. I called the local Chevy dealer and was told that they couldn't see us for a week due to how booked they were.

When we got the car in to the mechanic at the dealership, we were told that after their inspection the Manifold was very badly blocked with carbon as were all of the valves and hoses for that. Non of this is covered under any of our warranty. The mechanic stated that even IF we decided to replace all that needed to be fixed, more than likely this is going to just happen again and again.

- Steven G., Rochester, NY, US