Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox:

May 202019

Equinox

Takata recall, air bag did not deploy or inflate in front collision.

- Conyers, GA, USA

Nov 112018

Equinox

Driving southbound going 65 mph on highway. 5X4 buck struck head-on with Equinox and no air bags deployed. My 18 year old daughter was restrained by her seatbelt, however, with the speeds and impact there was failure of the airbag system to deploy.

- Cortland, NE, USA

Oct 252018

No airbag deployment although head on collision into 2 parked cars

- Estacada, OR, USA

Nov 152017

Equinox

I was in a car accident where the other driver ran a stop sign and I ran into the side of his car head on, I was going between 35-40miles per hour. I was driving in a neighborhood, my airbags never deployed, the car center console stated that the airbag malfunction. I bought this car brand new in littleton Colorado.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Sep 152018

Equinox

The check air bag light comes on.

- Dudley, MA, USA

Aug 012018

Equinox

The contact owns a 2016 Chevrolet Equinox. When the vehicle was started, the passenger side air bag warning indicator illuminated, which was a safety concern. The vehicle was taken to the dealer (weseloh Chevrolet, 5335 paseo del norte, carlsbad, ca 92008) where it was diagnosed that the air bag sensor failed and needed replacement. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 65,000. The VIN was not available.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Oct 062015

Equinox

Front passenger seat airbag sensor will not activate safety system when I, as a 120 lb adult, place a medically necessary cushion (to alleviate back and hip pain) between myself and the seat, thus cancelling out the benefits of this safety system when the vehicle is in motion. I am at risk when riding in this General Motors vehicle. Please require GM to recall and correct this defect soonest and associate my complaint with all other similar complaints on file with your Agency.

- Plattsburgh, NY, USA