Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Express:

Aug 162012

Express 8-cyl

On I71 interstate, entering I264 ramp, traffic went from 60 mph to basically stopped extremely quick, no choice but to slam on the brakes, I had locked up the rear brakes, anti-lock on front, the pedal suddenly went to the floor, miraculously I only touch the car in front, ,,we pulled over, along with 6 other cars, ,we found no damage to the front of mine, nor the rear of the car in front of me, no one hit me from behind. I limped home on the emergency brake, and found the front right caliper line wet with spray indications 12" around the failed line which is mounted on the rear of the main-cross member of the frame...all brake lines on my van, whether in the spray line from wheels or not, are very corroded...the whole system will need to be replaced.

- Prospect, KY, USA