8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Impala:

Nov 082018

Impala 3.8L

I have the same exact problem and this person (#63 on the comment log) I replaced all the sensors on the throttle body and still have the issue. It randomly dies and all I have to do is plug it in a reset the codes and it starts right up again. It has started happening more now that it's started getting colder out. Although I'm not sure if it happened more frequently due to the fact that I put almost 1000 miles on the car in 5 days or cause it was getting colder. But I have only owned the car for about 6 months and if I happen to find the problem I will let you guys know.

Car stalls while driving at a CONSTANT speed for a period of time. Replaced MAF sensor, MAP, crankshaft sensor, PVC valve and ICM (Ignition control module). Did not fix the problem but car would start every time we cleared the bad codes with the computer! (weird huh) There was a recall on the FPR and I took it in to get that fixed as well...GM mechanics told me the car wouldn't start!!!! and I told them to clear the codes and it would start... They thought I was crazy but they did it and it started right up! They were baffled and had no answer.... so I stopped at Autozone and bought a code reader so when the car stalled on me I could reset codes and get it running again. It has worked so far every time!!! but no a solution....I will continue to work on answers and will report back if I figure it out. I hope this can help someone temporarily till we solve the real problem.....

- Christopher M., Siren, WI, US