4.0

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Impala:

Jul 122005

Impala

I look on here and see a number of things going on with my car. Rolling on hills, driver window switch, constant burning of spark plug wires, my keyless entry never worked, I've had roters turned and replaced numerous of times. But the 2 things that are bothering me are 2 parts that have been recalled for 2000 Impala don't match my VIN # for the recall. I don't understand if I'm haveing the same problems as they are. 1 is the rack N penion piece which is causeing the popin and stuff under the front end that most of the complaints you have are and the second is the intake manafold gaskets. Are they just replaceing these 2 items on police issued and taxis " and also the hesitation &shut off that everyone is talking about. I had the same problem it was a wireing problem that was laying on my exuast. I have had to fix normal wear and tear and don't mind. But a single mother of 4 and GM who do you think can afford to fix things more. And I feal that the should fix there faulty material as I have fixed my wear and tear. If that rack N penion breaks and I losse control of stearing in my car my family is aware of the problem and I promise it would of been alot cheaper to go ahead and fix it for everyone. It's sad that we have got to go to limits of putting ads in paper, calling people, and almost a act of congress to get any kind of help. How many cars have lost control of stearing" (rack N penion) what happens when I expect my keyless entry to work because I'm in danger and counted on it? or maybe when one of those wires that's burnig up catches my car on fire. Out of 600 complaints the three most complained about items rack in penion, wireing, and the car rolling bakwards were you keep 1 foot on the gas and 1 on the break. If that's not enough I don't know what is these are safety issues. I will gladley let someone drive mine to see.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA