Chevrolet Recall 15400: Occupant Sensing System/FMVSS 208
2015 Chevrolet Impala
If the front passenger air bag deploys with a child seat in the front passenger seat, it increases the risk of injury to the child.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Chevrolet Impala vehicles manufactured April 15, 2013, to June 19, 2015, equipped with front vented-heated passenger seats. Accordingly, the Automatic Occupant Sensing (AOS) system may fail to suppress the front passenger air bag if a child seat is in the front passenger seat. These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will correct the calibration-learning error by preconditioning the empty seat, and also resetting the ECU to a seat zero-value, free of charge. The recall began on August 25, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 15400.
- Documents (13)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 15400A – Noncompliance Recall Passenger Occupant Detection Sensing Customer Letter Added
- Safety Bulletin - Bulletin No.: 15400A Date: August 2015
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 208
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 15400 – Noncompliance Recall – Stop Delivery Until Completion of Recall Passenger Occupant Detection Sensing
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15400 Date: July 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4