Feb 172014

Malibu 6-cyl

Chevrolet Malibu ls 2004 V6. Exterior brake lights not working as expected. In my vehicle the brake lights illuminate when the brake pedal is not depressed, and turn off once the pedal is applied. During this event I was notified by the "service vehicle soon" warning light. In the dark I could see in my mirrors that my brake lights would go on and off with out touching the pedal. My brake lights would not illuminate while pressing the brake pedal. When I got home I had my husband stand behind the vehicle while I pressed the brake pedal. No changed occurred as I pressed the brake pedal. This is extremely dangerous because other drivers will not know when I am truly slowing down or actually applying the brake. Now whenever the "service vehicle soon" warning light comes on I know that my exterior brake lights are not working properly. Since February of 2014 this happens 4 or more times a month. I work second shift, so when I drive home it is dark out. My vehicle could cause another driver to rear end me because they don't know that my exterior brake lights aren't working properly.

- Parma, OH, USA

Apr 142014

Malibu

My 2004 Chevy Malibu skipping where the brakes are sticking at 65 miles and when I let off the gas it slow down fast and that unsafe to have my disk brakes changed and new caliper on both sides and it's still making a grinding noise their smoking/ really hot on the driver side.

- Liverpool, NY, USA

Apr 292013

Malibu 6-cyl

The car steering wheel locked up and unable to control where it was going to guide as coming around curve. Ended up in ditch and shaking like crazy! im so afraid that something is going to happen. I want another car!

- Hollis, OK, USA

Apr 032013

Malibu 6-cyl

While on my way home, driving North on I-95 near Washington, DC, I experienced lots of electrical problems (noise and grabbing to the left in the steering column, repeated bulb and light unity failures) then suddenly, a total loss of power steering. I became so scared while needing both hands to manage in heavy traffic traveling at an average of 65mph that I immediately threw a lit cigarette out the window in a desperate effort to control the vehicle. The steering wheel is almost impossibly difficult to steer. I was unaware that it had blown behind my back onto the driver"S seat until it burnt me, my shirt and the seat. It is by the grace of god that I didn"T have a fatal accident. It is probably needless to say that I continue to experience back pain. A disaster is waiting to happen! the fact is that sometimes while driving the power steering will start working again as quickly as it went out. Consider that I could be turning the wheel as hard as I can and at that second the power returns to send me spinning. Keep in mind that this is occurring more frequently everyday. Sometimes it does stop when the car is turned off and sometimes it does not. With regard to the brakes they make a loud and grinding sound when I lift off of them.

- Fairchance, PA, USA

Apr 122012

Malibu

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated while the cruise control was engaged at 75 mph it suddenly disengaged and caused the vehicle to lose speed. The contact did not apply the brakes in order to disengaged the cruise control system. The contact took the vehicle to a mechanic who stated the brake lights malfunctioned and caused the cruise control to disengaged due to the brake lights illuminating. The mechanic replaced numerous fuses in the vehicle as well as re-calibrating the electrical system; however, that did not remedy the issue. The contact stated the turn signal malfunctioned as well. The failure mileage was 148,000.

- Hickory Hills, IL, USA

Mar 152013

Malibu

Brake lights come on for no reason, shut off cruise control.

- Napoleon , OH, USA