Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu:

Jan 112014

Malibu 4-cyl

Drove from my boyfriends house approx. 2 miles and parked in a walgreens parking lot and when I got out I told him I smell something burning, he looked over and there was a hole in the back part of the seat with smoke coming out he grabbed a bottle of water that I had in the center console and poured it on the burning part of the seat. It also burned a hole in my coat and into the shirt I was wearing.. contacted GM that day.

- Angola, NY, USA

Feb 212013

Malibu 6-cyl

Heating element of heated seat feature burned a hole completely through the front of the driver's seat back. The hole is centered in the lower lumbar area of the seat back.

- North Tonawanda, NY, USA

Apr 012010

Malibu

2009 Chevy Malibu after driving several different Chevy Malibu 2009 the driver seat is causing severe back pain being 6 '3 causing sharp pain in upper back and lower back I drive the car 12 hours a day 48 hours to 60 hours a day as taxi driver in las vegas very very bad situation its causing.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA