Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo:

Nov 012004

Monte Carlo

Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z-34 1997, electrical problems and idling high. The alternator was replaced, however the noise is still there.

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 182005

Monte Carlo

The light that comes on when you open the passenger door (under the dash) stayed on with the door shut. The light bulb, burned the plastc around the wires and started the carpet on fire under the dashboard. My husband removed the light bulb and burned his fingers to put the glowing carpet out. Then, my turn signals worked sometimes and then at other times did not. They eventually stopped working all together. I took the car for repairs and was told that a relay switch had gone out. Next, some of the lights on the temperature control panel went out. Not all of them. They replaced my radio because the buttons were peeling. The next day, half of the lights on the radio went out and then came back on. The dealer actually told me that sometimes a new radio's lights will not all kick on right away. This may take some time and if they go out again, I should bring the car back. Are they kidding me? I can't believe they are telling me this. There is obviously a problem here.

- Naperville, IL, USA

Apr 292004

Monte Carlo

FOIA addressed to cpsc request information re electrical malfunction the 2000-2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo ss, client darlene betts rec'd an arching electrical shock fm her 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo ss, ES database search provided records. (nar)

- North Providence, RI, USA

Nov 022003

Monte Carlo 6-cyl

While on a trip, I left car sit for 1 week (approximately 7 days) in the garage of my house with no accessories plugged in, and the car would not start when I returned. The battery was completely drained and did not even have enough power left in it to even unlock the doors. Took car to dealership and they found nothing wrong with the battery, charging system, or current draw when not running. This sort of thing should not happen to a car with an msrp of $30,000.

- Reinbeck, IA, USA

Oct 232003

Monte Carlo

Vehicle continuously experienced an electrical system failure. As a result, there'was an electrical shut down which resulted in the engine dying/ steering wheel locking up, and loss of brake power.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 252003

Monte Carlo

Tail light failed. Dealer stated there was an electrical problem.

- Carmichaels, PA, USA