Chevrolet Recall 15567: Seat Position Identifier May Have Been Omitted
2014 Chevrolet SS
An air bag that deploys at a higher than intended level increases the risk of injury during a crash.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014 Chevrolet Caprice vehicles manufactured August 14, 2013, to February 3, 2014, and Chevrolet SS vehicles manufactured August 15, 2013, to February 16, 2014. The affected vehicles received replacement seat base assemblies during repair service, but during the work, the seat position target bracket may not have been transferred from the old seat to the new one. Without the seat position target bracket, the air bag may deploy at a higher intensity than necessary.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicles and, if necessary, install a seat frame equipped with a target bracket, free of charge. The recall began on December 28, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 15567.
- Documents (14)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS3868 Date: December 10, 2015 Subject: 15567 - Safety Recall Seat Position Sensor Incorrectly Serviced
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15567 Date: December 2015
- Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Upcoming Safety Recall – 15567 Seat Position Sensor Incorrectly Serviced
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4