Chevrolet Recall 15573: Ignition Lock Actuator May Bind
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
If stuck in the "Start" position, the ignition may suddenly snap back into the "Accessory" position, causing a loss of engine, steering, and braking power, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. If the vehicle is in a crash, the air bags may not deploy, increasing the risk of occupant injury.
Electrical System — Ignition
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks manufactured January 24, 2014, to February 26, 2014, 2015 Chevrolet Suburban vehicles manufactured February 12, 2014 and Chevrolet Tahoe vehicles manufactured February 6, 2014, to February 13, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the ignition lock actuator may bind, making turning the key difficult or causing the ignition to get stuck in the "Start" position.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the ignition lock housing, free of charge. The recall began on November 20, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 15573.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS3851 URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY Date: November 20, 2015 Subject: 15573A – Safety Recall Ignition Lock Cylinder Binding Customer Letter Added
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15573 Date: October 2015
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15573A Date: November 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1