8.0

$1,200

Most common solutions:

1. replace condenser (9 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

Jul 202019

Silverado 1500 LTZ V8

Noticed the A/C was blowing out hot on one of the hottest days of the year. Never had a problem with it before. Did some research and found that it is a known issue with the condenser. Called the dealer and he said I would have to pay out of pocket to have it fixed. I saw there were a couple of class action lawsuits, so I email the law firm to see the outcome or to see if I can join it.

- John B., SALEM, NH, US

Jul 102019

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

General Motors should have notified owners about the possible leak. That way, the A/C would work in the HEAT. I have not received and notification from GM about this problem. I should not have to pay for this.

- wetuttle1124, Nicholasville, US

Jul 082019

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

It is a robbery by GM that after 36000 miles The ac breaks for using cheap parts and the customer has to pay $1572.

- torano, Hollywood FL, US

Apr 012019

Silverado 1500 LTZ

I realize that my mileage is over the limit for warranty on this part, but a cracked condenser on an otherwise no issue vehicle is a pretty big deal. Very annoyed that GM didn't offer a preemptive solution to this when first discovered, instead of owners waiting for the A/C to go out due to a common problem of cracked condenser.

- Patricia W., Okemos, US

Mar 202019

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

Another victim to no A/C in a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado LT. Hopefully GM can fix this problem.

- Humberto A., Orange, US

May 142019

Silverado 1500 LS 3.2L

I too purchased my 2015 Silverado new. It has 60,000 miles and the compressor went out (a crack). I was told by the shop that that day alone they fixed 4 Silverados 2015 with the same problem. Not only this but I also have a leak somewhere, headliner has water damage and the only place we can think of is the cargo light let water in during the 2 weeks of rain we had.

I checked and there seems to be a lot of this too which I took care of, but the compressor.. OMG really? I have asthma and I live in Texas so this hot Texas heat in a black truck, there is no way to go with out AC. When I called the Corp office for Chevy they just tell me sorry there is no recall.

To make things worse I called Young Chevrolet service dept at 7:27am on my way to the shop and the gentleman told me "there is nothing we can do. You can take it to any mechanic'. So we went to the the shop we have all of our company trucks fixed at. They (Corp Chevy office) told me I should have went to the Chevy dealer WHAT? Like I want another Chevy part (compressor) to pay for and it go out. NO, not happening.

I'm VERY angry with Chevy. They sure don't make vehicles like they used to!!! There are so many problems with the compressor on these vehicles. THEY SHOULD COVER THIS!!!!!

- Misty C., Forney, US

Apr 152019

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L V8

condenser should not go out on a truck that is 4 years old

- Blaine B., Van Buren, AR, US

Feb 052019

Silverado 1500 LT V8

This is the 3rd time in only 70,000 miles (first was around 20,000ish miles) that I've had AC issues with this 2015 Silverado piece of garbage.

The button to close off outside air has never worked. The dealership has pretended to fix it twice but never does. The air temperature is almost always off, usually too warm. The past 2 days the coldest air was hotter than outside, now its a little cool but definitely not cold (on the coldest setting).

- Ryan S., Little Rock, US

Feb 042019

Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.7L V8

AC compressor went out at 75k miles. Cost to repair was $1325

- Kevin M., Aubrey, TX, US

Aug 022016

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

F*cken sucks. Blows nothing but hot air. Brand new truck and the ac goes out already.

- sincere, West Covina, US

May 122018

Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L

Chevy knows about the A/C problems with the 1500's and how the condenser's develop the hole in the top driver side of the condenser. I have and 1998 Chevy 1500 and the air is still blowing cold air and the 2015 should not be having problems like this.

- Jean J., Houston, TX, US