3.4

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:

Apr 182019

Silverado 1500

While driving, I had the rear defroster on. I smelled burning plastic, so I rolled-down my windows to vent the fumes. About 2 minutes after I rolled them back up I heard a loud ¿bang¿ and saw that my rear windshield, on the passenger side, had completely shattered, with a fist-sized hole right in the middle of it.

- Lorain, OH, USA

Mar 022019

Silverado 1500

Rear window shattered unexpectedly. Rear defogger enabled. Noted a burning smell in rear of truck when it happened. Truck has rear power slide window. Driver side panel was the piece that shattered. Truck was parked but had been running for a few minutes. Temperature in mid 20S

- Lyman, WY, USA

Jul 272016

Silverado 1500

Windshield has what looks to be water spots on it cannot be seen when windshield is dry but when moist or raining windshield becomes almost impossible to see through I tried spot remover with no luck Chevrolet refused to aknowledge this was a defect and I eventually paid to replace winshield myself even though I only had truck less than a year I recently traded the vehicle for a 2017 and it has the same issue I am done with Chevrolet!!!! last one I will own

- La Porte, TX, USA

Apr 042017

Silverado 1500

We are an automobile service center. Our customer dropped their vehicle off on a particularly rainy day. The inside of the glass was covered with thick condensation even though the defroster mode with A/C on was selected. On high speed, there was very little airflow from the vents. Upon lowering the driver's window, the fan speed, noise and flow all increased dramatically. An inspection behind the seats revealed some items but not enough to cover the entire rear of the cab. External inspection found an outlet vent behind the driver's seat. Back inside the truck there was no inside or inlet vent to be found. Removal of the carpeting on the rear wall of the cab revealed a heavy, rubber backed insulating material that effectively sealed off the vent. Removal of a small portion of the insulating material and the carpeting improved airflow immediately and effectively defrosted the glass. The vehicle was parked while we experienced this issue. It is our opinion that this defect is potentially hazardous to drivers both from a visibility stand point and the possibility of increased carbon monoxide levels due to improper cab ventilation.

- North Hampton, NH, USA

Dec 172016

Silverado 1500

The defrost function does not prevent ice bulid up on windshield and blocks driver vision. Clears passenger side windshield well enough. But with defrost fan speed at the highest level, and the heat temperature as high as I could stand it, and windshield wipers operating, was unable to prevent ice build up and blocking drivers vision. When driving at highway speeds. Never had a vehicel that had such weird ice build up pattern.

- West Point, IA, USA