Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid:

Jun 272019

My dash has cracked on 2 corners near the air bag

- Callao, MO, USA

Mar 152019

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

My dashboard is severely cracked in 2 places. By the passenger airbag and the steering column.

- Brookings, SD, USA

May 042019

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The dash in my 2013 Silverado is cracking, I am concerned about safety if I was to be involved in an accident with deployed airbags.

- Morris, AL, USA

Apr 272019

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The vehicle's frame is rusting out and breaking at the rear end of the truck.

- Turkey Creek, KY, USA

Apr 242019

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dashboard is cracked in multiple places, potentially representing a safety threat if the passenger air bag deploys.

- Seabrook, TX, USA

May 182016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

I have a cracks in my dashboard. One of which is by the passenger side airbag, which if was inflated would send plastic dashboard pieces into the passenger face, due to the brittleness of the plastic that cracks when touched. There is another crack on the driver side of the dash, which is brittle to the touch. GM refuses to fix for free, even knowing there are thousands of vehicles with the same problem. The faulty plastic dashboard continues to get worse, as GM has installed these defective dashboards in thousands of vehicles.

- Lake Jackson, TX, USA

Jul 182018

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dash has cracked near passenger airbag, heard a loud pop while driving down interstate then noticed the crack, poor quality plastic or other issue is occurring to thousands of vehicles, how long before someone gets seriously injured before it gets investigated

- Leeds, AL, USA

Jul 202017

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Right after purchasing my used truck that had around 68,000 miles on it the dash cracked in two different places. The dash cracked just above the instrument cluster and above the passenger airbag.

- Cedartown, GA, USA

Oct 012018

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

The dashboard has a crack on the passenger side where the airbag cutout is. I believe this is a major safety issue. Especially if you¿re in an accident and the airbag deployed there will be pictures of dash board shards fiying through the air and possibly into the occupants with force from the airbag.

- Tarpon Springs, FL, USA

Sep 222018

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Clutches in transmission where when truck in drive the truck will not go to 40 or above. The truck was moving on city street head toward 95 North. As a result of problem I had to use aaa to get back to baltimore from frederickburg va this is the second times since the vehicle has been in my name that this problem happen. The first time was July 26 2016 where the dealership repair (under warranty) this transmission problem seem very immature due age of truck and less than 65000 miles

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 152018

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dashboard spontaneously cracked near the top left corner of the airbag. The dashboard was intact when locked up overnight, and when I returned to drive the truck the next morning, the dashboard had spontaneously cracked overnight while sitting in my driveway.

- La Verne, CA, USA

Aug 132018

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dashboard cracked above the steering wheel in the bend from flat to uprising. Vehicle was parked when this occurred.

- Berryville, AR, USA

Nov 012016

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

My dash cracked straight line above and attached to airbag, wasn't there, next day it was, Nov 2016 38,000 mi. Called dealership(s) and I called GM/chev support and they said since it was no longer under warranty and there was no recall I would have to pay for it...I expressed my concerns as a huge safety issue and obvious defect.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 012017

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Cracked dashboard around air bag.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 012018

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Two cracks appeared on dashboard near air bag.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Jul 182018

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Driving down the road and the dashboard cracked on top by air bag

- Sachse, TX, USA

Dec 132017

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Crack dashboard by the passenger airbag. I own this truck from day 1 and always had tinted window and use windshield sun shade.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Nov 022017

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

My 2013 Chevy Silverado has an air conditioning problem. So did my old truck, a 2010, which I teased in for the 2013. I have ran across many, many complaints if this on the Chevy's on google and youtube. I only have 21,000 miles on this 2013. GM should replace the part(s) to make this right. I have no problem trading it in for another make of a different truck. I love where the highs can be 100 degrees easily, not good if the problem still exists with all the complaints! the ac blows warm. I¿M not paying $1000 for the fix that should¿ve been done by GM in the first place!! I bought this used vehicle in Nov 2017.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Jun 222015

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Dashboard crack on the left-hand side of passenger airbag. And dashboard rattles on driver-side. Very concerned if in an accident the dashboard will send projectiles because it's so close to airbag.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Jun 012017

Silverado 1500 Hybrid

Cracked dashboard near airbag.

- Heber, CA, USA