1.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

Jan 012000

Silverado 2500

Steering problem. Power steering goes out when slow down. Chevrolet is very aware of the problem and there is currently a recall on the later model vehicles. The 2000 we have is very dangerous and we have reported it numerouse times and wonder how many tragic accidents have to happen before it is corrected?

- Springfield, MO, USA

Jan 062017

Silverado 2500

Cable holding spare tire underneath rear bed of truck broke and dropped onto a city street while making right hand turn into a parking lot.

- Marana, AZ, USA

Jan 042015

Silverado 2500

"dash boards".... my 2000 Chevrolet Silverado dashboard is cracking and crumbling everyday. It is to the point now that I am adding duck tape just to keep it up. Chevrolet should take responsibility for this and repair my dashboard and issue a recall. This problem began 1 year ago, and I have never been in any accident with this truck.

- Uniontown, AL, USA

Aug 132011

Silverado 2500

Rear fuel tank strap was rusty. Broke off going down the road at 55 mph. Did not cause an accident.

- Locust Grove, OK, USA

Jan 212011

Silverado 2500

On a snowy day going back home for lunch, I tried to stop at a 4 way stop but it took a little bit longer than I expected. First I thought it was because of the ABS engagement and road condition. But I felt something unusual, so I pressed the brake pedal after leaving the 4way stop around 30mph. Then the pedal started loosing back pressure and it went down to the floor before it stopped. I could come back home with lower gear down shifting and parking brake. When I checked the bottom of the vehicle, I found fluid leakage around the brake line on the floor.

- Troy, OH, USA