3.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Suburban:

Suburban

Takata recall. Airbag was recalled May 27, 2016. Its now 2018. Why isn't a remedy available?

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

May 232016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called leson Chevrolet at (504) 366-4381 (1501 westbank expy, harvey, la 70058) where it was confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact stated that the air bag indicator illuminated. The failure mileage was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available/parts distribution disconnect.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

May 262016

Suburban

Takata recall- I have now called my local GM Chevy dealer dealer monthly since the takata recall has come out and they have refused to replace the airbags. They site that they do not have any to replace them with. My response has been, I have 4 children that I drive daily and god forbid but if I were to get in an accident and the airbags deployed and we found out then that they were defective. It may be too late and the injuries sustained be life threatening. There is no reason we need should have to wait till something bad happens when this is a simple fix. I need my airbags replaced asap and need to know how to make this happen. I even received a letter in the mail that states contact your local dealership and schedule your free repair. This is absolutely asinine that my airbags have not been fixed within the last 18months since the recall. I need something done now.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Suburban

Takata recall. On 10/19/17 we received a mailed legal notice from tk holdings Inc and its affiliates who have filed chapter 11 bankruptcy cases in the us. The notice told us to take our defective vehicle to to our nearest dealer immediately for a free air bag repair. It also said visit www.airbagrecall.com for more info about obtaining free replacement airbags. However our vehicle dealer says there is no such remedy for these defective airbags.today I checked the recall status at www.airbagrecall.com and it says " recall is incomplete. Remedy not yet available" it said GM was suppose to complete its investigation by August 2017. My complaint is that the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall in a timely matter. The recall date was May 16, 2016.

- San Angelo, TX, USA

Oct 012016

Service airbags light

- Morehead City, NC, USA

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called friendly Chevrolet (2754 N stemmons fwy, dallas, tx 75207, (214) 920-1900) where it was confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was notified of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available/parts distribution disconnect.

- Irving, TX, USA

Sep 152017

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The parts do to the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer (simpson Chevrolet of irvine, 21 auto center dr, irvine, ca 92618 (877) 311-9498) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Sep 142016

Suburban

My dash cracked on my Suburban just like my Tahoe did and the airbag light goes off. I know there's a recall but the cracked dash triggered the warning light. Thousands and thousands of Chevy owners have cracked dashes just like mine.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Jul 012016

Suburban

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Alvin, TX, USA

Mar 062017

Suburban

Takata recall: Failure to act on recall on this seven year old vehicle, by manufacture and pine belt Chevrolet, lakewood, New Jersey. Have call the dealer given a case number 8-2567106248. This is the second case number issued. In July was told by pine belt parts were on order, now all they will give is case number. I want this on record, that I hold Chevrolet, pine belt Chevrolet, and ntsb responsible for not getting these vehicles repaired. Chevrolet should be required to replace these vehicle with new one. Thank you for your time; L J anderson 394 frank applegate rd., jackson N.J. 08527

- Jackson, NJ, USA

Feb 152016

Suburban

Dashboard cracked along passenger airbag interface. Known defect unremedied by oem. Sharp edges due to crack can hinder airbag deployment as well as shrapnel from the dash in a crash could injure occupants. This is a known defect in plastic manufacture by GM for model years 2007-2011.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

May 172016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jan 132017

Suburban

Takata recall. Recall date 5/27/2016. Received letter advising of the recall and that I would receive 2nd letter once part was available. I haven't received the letter so I checked the status of the recall and website states: Recall status: Recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available. This is a serious recall that can cause serious injury or even death yet here we are almost 8 months later that still cannot be corrected. Our 2nd vehicle also has the recall so we are being left with 2 unsafe vehicles for our family.

- Irving, TX, USA

Dec 152016

Suburban

Received notice July 2016 that I would be contacted. Never was so I called allen GMC told them about my recall, made and appointment and drove down met with service advisor steve wacker. He said I cannot fix this as I have no parts. I called 800 222-1020 talked to yvonne and gave her all my info. She put me on hold and burt picked up and I had to give him all the information again. Both these people were in the philippines and said they could not transfer me to a decision maker. Funny how the suits all hide behind these cust serv people. I asked steve and burt how they would feel about putting their wife or child in that seat with the possibility the air bag could kill them as it has others. I asked for a car to drive like Honda has done with their customers. Just a bunch of happy talk at the expense of a family member. I don't care if there is a 1/1000 chance it may happen they should fix it or give you a car until they do. They should not be able to produce or sell new cars until the get this situation resolved. GM is a huge company with lots of resources and it seems a crime that someone may lose a loved one over greed. How soon they forget who was loyal to them when they were in bankruptcy.

- San Clemente, CA, USA

Dec 022016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Suburban

I received a notification by mail that the front passenger airbag and that it needs to be replaced. I have not been contact per by the dealer to schedule a replacement/ repair as it seems parts are not available. This is almost 4 months after the recall notice.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 012009

"takata recall"

- Windermere, FL, USA

Aug 102016

Suburban

Takata recall - I contacted legacy Chevrolet which is my local dealer. She said me and everyone else has not had their airbags replaced because the dealer hasn't been sent any parts for anyone. Suggested I call GM directly myself to ask why parts are not available.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Sep 212016

Suburban

Dash is cracked. Afraidbof splintering during airbag deployment.

- Coleville, CA, USA

Jul 182016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA