3.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Suburban:

Jan 012016

Suburban

Takata airbag recall. This recall was issued many years ago, it is now 2019 and I have not received any more information. Why is no one making GM fix this problem. Dodge/Chrysler fixed theirs asap and sent many notices trying to get the vehicle fixed. GM on the other hand is waiting for people to get killed.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 042019

Suburban

Takata recall- I have been trying to get answers regarding this recall and have my car fixed for years. I am scared to drive my car and want it to be fixed and know it is safe for my teen driver to drive as well.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jun 012016

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) was received in 2016. After notifying curly GMC (1399 river ave, lakewood, NJ), the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were not available. The contact was also informed that the vehicle had a dual canister air bag system and there was no repair available for the dual canister system. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jackson, NJ, USA

May 092019

Suburban

Dash cracked and totally inploded. Loose parts everywhere. These parts fly everywhere when moving vehicle. Airbag loose and probally could implode without wrecking accident. Definately a hugh safety factor. Maybe nahta would like to drive my vehicle with couple top execs from GM over country roads and Dodge loose scraphnel.05/07/2019

- Colmesneil, TX, USA

May 302019

Suburban

Takata recall recall 16V381 is quite old and needs to be finalized. It is difficult to tell if this is a serious issue or not.

- Princeton, TX, USA

Jun 152017

Suburban

Takata recall I received a letter from GM sometime back that I would be contacted to schedule an appt to service my airbags at a local dealership. After waiting about 8 months I contacted a local dealer letting them know I had bad airbags still, they advised me I would need to wait for another letter to come in advising me of the necessary repairs they need to make. I haven't heard anything and it's been almost 2 yrs.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 012016

Suburban

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer and manufacturer were not notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Apr 012016

Suburban

The dashboard cracked in two places at around 50,000 miles. There is a crack between the passenger side airbag cover and the front edge of the dashboard and one over the instrument panel to the front edge of the dashboard. I was told initially that this is simply a cosmetic issue, but subsequent reports suggest that these cracks may cause the dashboard to splinter with airbag deployment, causing preventable harm to passengers.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Mar 132019

Suburban

"takata recall" your website states that if the recall is not fixed in a timely manner to contact you or file a complaint. It has almost been 3 years since I was notified of this recall and nothing has happened and I have no idea of when the fix is coming. I have two vehicles under this recall, I am hoping you may be able to shed more light on this situation as GM does not care about the complaints from its customers. I have contacted them in the past and have not received a answer.

- Sierra Madre, CA, USA

Jan 012012

Suburban

Cracks all over dash, around airbag

- Pawcatuck, CT, USA

May 182017

Suburban

Dashboard is cracked in several places from driver side to passenger side. It has cracked all around the passenger side airbag. In the event of an accident I'm very concerned the dash will interfere with the airbag deployment. I am also concerned it will become like pieces of flying shrapnel. The dash is defective and should have a recall.

- Plant City, FL, USA

Nov 192018

Suburban

Takata recall - I object to GM filing a petition for inconsequentiality. GM's own website states"the propellant in some types of takata airbag inflators can degrade over time, especially after long term exposure in hot and humid regions. If the propellant degrades to a certain level, the inflators may rupture during deployment, causing serious or fatal injuries." As the vehicle has been located in southeast Florida since I purchased it new, it has been subject to both heat and humidity nearly continually since original purchase. GM and takata should not be able to avoid the responsibility to restore my vehicle to a safe condition.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Suburban 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) over two years ago. The dealer (youmans Chevrolet, 2020 riverside dr, macon, ga 31204, (478) 225-4636) was contacted and confirmed that the part was not available and did not know when it would arrive. The manufacturer was contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Macon, GA, USA

Oct 162018

Suburban

I have contacted 5 dealerships in my area inquiring about replacing the airbag. Only 1 responded to my inquiry, that one informed me that they have no idea when they will be able to replace the airbag.

- Lucas, TX, USA

Suburban

Manufacturer recall number2049151 NHTSA recall number16V381 recall statusrecall incomplete, remedy not yet available. The recall status has been showing as remedy not yet available since May 27,2016. We have called dealerships numerous times only to be told that the remedy is still not available just like the website states even though it has been well over 2 years. Meanwhile they recommend that nobody sits in the front passenger seat until the issue is corrected. We have a Suburban because we need the space to fit all of our family, which includes using the front passenger seat, and 2 years without being able to use our car to it's full capacity is unheard of.

- Irving, TX, USA

Aug 092018

Suburban

Takata recall it's been over 2 years now since I first received the recall notice on my airbags. I contacted a local Chevrolet dealer today and was told they are still waiting on parts. Now my concern is when will this recall be fulfilled" when something tragic happens to me or someone in my family? will the recall never be fulfilled and my vehicle eventually "dies" before the recall can be addressed" this vehicle costs a lot of money and time is steadily going by for a big company like this not be able to get parts.

- Bishopville, SC, USA

Jun 122018

Suburban

Takata recall: I have been in contact with GM about the recall since 10/20/16 and nothing has been done about replacing the inflators until now. GM keeps telling me they are trying to select a vendor to do the work but have not yet and that they consider the airbags safe for driving. When is this going to be resolved?

- Porter, TX, USA

May 312018

Suburban

Airbag light says check airbag

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Oct 102014

Suburban

Takata recall in addition the dash has split leading right up to the inflator cover. Vehicle was stationary when split appeared. Got in the car (parked in garage) one morning and split was noticed leading right up to the inflator over.

- Windermere, FL, USA

Suburban

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Gilland Chevrolet GMC (3071 South us hwy 231, ozark, al) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Enterprise, AL, USA