2.6

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Suburban:

Sep 262016

Suburban

Within the last two months, two cracks have appeared in the dash near the passenger side airbag.

- Wylie, TX, USA

Jul 022016

Suburban

The dashboard has cracked in multiple places

- Clayton, NC, USA

Jul 012016

Suburban

Dashboard crack appeared at around 68,000 miles. No collisions or any other obvious cause. I believe GM has not fixed this issue that has plagued other GM vehicles and I believe GM knows it is faulty because they offered to fix it at half price. I fully expect to see more cracks show up and I'm concerned that an airbag deployment may cause the brittle dash to exolode.I refused the repair because this is an ongoing problem and there is no evidence GM repairs fix the problem long term. This vehicle was certified pre owned by a GM dealer when I purchased it.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jan 052015

Suburban

This is the third Suburban I have owned in the last 7 years. I have owned a 2008, 2011 and now a 2013. They have all had the same problem. The dash board cracks at the left top corner of the passenger airbag. I am afraid that if the air bag goes off the dash may separate into pieces becoming flying objects. In my current 2013 vehicle the dash has also started to crack on the dash panel on the drivers side.

- Davie, FL, USA

May 012016

Suburban

Dashboard: Large cracks developing above instrument cluster and at the right side dashboard airbag location.

- Severna Park, MD, USA

Jan 112016

Suburban

On Jan. 11, 2016. I was sitting in my vehicle on a cvs parking lot when my rear hatch glass exploded. Nothing hit my glass and the surveillance video showed no one around my vehicle when this happened. I was told it could have been from the extreme cold conditions in combination with having the rear defrost on. GM would not warrant this as a defect, and I have seen other instances that this has occurred with other people.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Mar 182016

Suburban

The dashboard on my 2013 Suburban, just out of factory warranty with 40K miles, spontaneously cracked while the vehicle was parked. This crack could potentially affect the function and/or safety of the airbag in the case of an accident or deployment. I contacted GM and they claim to know nothing about this issue and deny there is a product defect. I have since found many others online with the same problem, some of whom have filed legal action against GM for the same issue. There is also a facebook page with over 3200 members with the same problem and lack of response from GM in taking responsibility for this obviously defective and potentially dangerous product.

- Spring, TX, USA