4.5

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban:

Sep 112019

Suburban

My issue sounds very similar to NHTSA id no. 11254723. I had to have the front struts replaced after it was found that they were blown during an inspection. The vehicle only has approximately 60K miles, which is much shorter than the life expectancy of struts. I was told by the repair shop that a technical service bulletin (05-03-08-002H) has been published. Should this be a recall?

- Charleston, SC, USA

Aug 312019

Suburban

My vehicle failed pa state safety inspection due to leaking front struts. The vehicle only has 56K miles on it.

- Glenmoore, PA, USA

Feb 012017

Suburban

Car shakes at speeds over 65mph with no solution from dealer or Chevrolet after multiple trips to dealer for a permanent repair. Or response from Chevrolet customer service

- Benton, KS, USA

Nov 072016

Suburban

I just purchased this vehicle a month ago and already received a recall for the software airbag issue. I traded my 2010 Chevy Suburban for this new one and have noticed that the moment I get onto the freeway and start to accelerate the car starts to vibrate so bad that anything in the middle console starts to rattle and the console will spill any drinks sitting there in the cupholders. I have owned Chevy vehicles all my life and am very annoyed that this is happening. Something is seriously wrong. I also just noticed that there is a recall for the suspension recall 42190 and parts are not available at this time I just bought this vehicle in Sept 2016 and it only has 800 miles on it and notices went out may-June 2016 and I was not made aware when I purchased this vehicle. I will also talk to the dealership according to this recall the vehicle should not be driven until its fixed. Who was going to tell me this had I not looked it up and not driving it is impossible its our only vehicle and were a family of 7. four of those are my babies. I also will be taking it in due to the recall 16007. The vibration of the vehicle will also be discussed as well.

- Riverside, CA, USA

May 042016

Suburban

I own a 2016 Chevy Suburban ltz purchased Feb 29, 2016. It is now at the dealer and for a second time dealing with a vibration issue starting at approximately 43 mph and continuing to worsen as speed increases. The tires have been road forced balance but vibration is still present. This is the second Suburban with issues, the 2015 I had was so problematic that GM did trade assistance to get me out of it, but it still cost me money. The current 2016 Suburban as only 1600 miles on it and vibration issues began at approximately 900 miles. I cannot describe the inconvenience and frustration I am experiencing for a vehicle costing more than $70,000. GM knows there is a problem and their lack of fixing it or addressing it is nothing short of criminal theft. They take people's money knowing their vehicles are sub-standard then relegate me to a pathetic loaner vehicle, tell me it is "normal" and in the end toss a little money for "trade assistance" resulting in another problematic issue. I beg and implore you as the federal regulatory Agency to make GM accountable immediately. Either force them to immediately fix these vehicles, force them to buy them back at full purchase prices and stop them from selling them immediately. Frankly, this issue is the same as VW with tdi engines except that GM is not covering it up and feds are not forcing the hand. Help protect the money and lives of us citizens. There have been numerous complaints!

- Snow Hill, NC, USA