$3,740

Most common solutions:

1. repair transmission (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban:

May 022018

Suburban LT

click to see larger images

transmission failure transmission failure transmission failure

As I was driving on the highway my vehicle acted as if it went into neutral. I pulled over and put it back into gear he drove until I got up to 30 MPH and then went into what felt like the neutral drive again. I got to the closest mechanic, they hooked it up and found a transmission issue with the code they received.

They took it to a nearby transmission company at that time he told me to call the dealership to see if there was anything they could do. The service advisor Terry said that they couldn’t do anything because it was no longer under warranty. I asked to speak to a manager and was assured that he was going to tell me the same thing. I never got a call back from the manager. I called the guy back told him that they wouldn’t help me, so he started to tear the transmission down and found that the 456 damper had broken on the transmission. I am now left car-less for going on two weeks after paying $46000 for a Chevrolet vehicle I felt would be reliable but wasn’t.

I am also now left with a $4000 transmission bill for a two-year-old vehicle. I called Chevrolet Customer Service case number 8-416-1076447, they said I needed it to go to a dealership but can’t do that it’s already in the process of being fixed, I can’t take it there torn apart already. I was told then there is nothing they can do at that time to help.

- Jamie S., Bluemont, US