3.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe:

Feb 232018

Tahoe

Takata recall Chevy saying not available yet!

- Sarepta, LA, USA

Jun 012016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The manufacturer stated that the parts were not available and no estimated time for the parts to become available could be given. The local dealer was not notified. The contact did not experience a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Nov 152017

Tahoe

I currently have a dangerous airbag in my vehicle with no recourse to resolve it and no time frame for when this will occur. I have contacted two dealers and neither seem to know what I can do other than go to the website.

May 272016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer (crain Chevrolet, 9911 I-30, little rock, ar 72209) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Sherwood, AR, USA

Oct 022017

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Grieco Chevrolet of fort lauderdale dealer located at 1300 N federal hwy, fort lauderdale, fl was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Holland, MI, USA

Nov 272017

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. When the vehicle was started, the air bag indicator illuminated and remained lit. The dealer was contacted (gunn Chevrolet, 16550 I-35, selma, tx 78154, 210-599-5000) and stated that the remedy was not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and did not assist. Additionally, the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The failure mileage was approximately 157,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Feb 252014

Tahoe

Takaka airbag and crack dash above passenger air bag unknown

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Dec 142017

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 16V380000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The contact received the recall notification in may of 2016. Autonation Chevrolet North richland hills (7769 boulevard 26, North richland hills, tx 76180, 682-214-2010) stated that the parts were unavailable for the repair. The manufacturer confirmed that the parts were unavailable for the repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 182016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer was not contacted. The interim recall notice did not give a specific date for when the remedy and repair part would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide a reasonable date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Spring, TX, USA

Dec 012017

Tahoe

Cracked dash. The dash has cracked at the passenger side airbag. If airbag deployed, the dash would probably turn to shrapnel.

- Spring Hill, TN, USA

Nov 212017

Tahoe

I received a recall in May 2016. I jus got off the phone with norman frede Chevrolet and they told me they do not have the parts to fix my Chevrolet. What I am supposed to do to get this deadly problem fixed? I live in a very humid environment and humid weather is supposed to make these air bags more dangerous,

Nov 212017

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Terry cullen Chevrolet southlake (1250 battlecreek rd, jonesboro, ga 30236, 770-968-4444) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Nov 132017

Tahoe

"takata recall" I can not find a dealer with parts for this recall

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Jul 012016

Tahoe

I still have not been able to get my airbag replace. They say they do not have an airbag yet. I have been trying since July 2016. Plus my dash cracked near the airbag.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Sep 152016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The vehicle was taken to robbins Chevrolet (18611 hwy us-59 N, humble, tx 77338, phone number: (281) 446-3021), but the parts for the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer informed the contact that another notice would be mailed once the part becomes available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

Nov 032017

Tahoe

Takata recall - received a recall notification a year ago. Contacted supreme Chevrolet where Tahoe was purchased and they did not have the parts to repair. Got notice from tk holding this week and called supreme again and they can not get the parts to repair and told me to contact tk holdings for resolution. I've called the phone numbers on the notice but there is never anyone available and they just say call back. Please contact me to resolve this recall issue before there is an accident.

- Prairieville, LA, USA

Oct 062017

Tahoe

Takata recall has a recall on my vehicle airbags. When I hit a pothole on city street airbag came out, brakes locked up and stabilization and traction controlservice lights came on. Had to call for a tow truck..

- Jackson, MS, USA

Sep 012017

Tahoe

Takata recall - dealers tells me the parts for my airbag recall are not available yet. I thought they only had 18 months or so to finalize this recall and replace it. I do not want to drive my vehicle with unsafe faulty airbags.

- Mount Pleasant, SC, USA

Jul 012016

Tahoe

Takata recall. Dealer says parts are not available

- Frisco, TX, USA

May 272016

Tahoe

I received a recall notice in May 2016 telling me my airbags were defective and being recalled, however there is no remedy available. There is still no remedy available over a year later. I am being told my vehicle is still safe to drive. I know that, it is just not safe in an accident - if I know when I will get in an accident I would have won a lottery by now. This is not acceptable. The airbags need to be replaced immediately!!

- Pasadena, TX, USA