3.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe:

Oct 282017

Tahoe

My airbag is unsafe...and GM is not doing anything about it. I do not want my family driving around in a car that has unsafe parts. I don't understand how this problem is allowed to go unsolved, especially when GM and takata both know about it.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Oct 272017

Tahoe 8-cyl

Takata recall I have received numerous recall notices from tk holdings Inc. Regarding recall on takata airbags on my 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. Every time I receive the notice I contact autonation, 5757 lake worth road, green acres, fl 33463, and I get this same response--we do not have replacement parts for the airbag recall. Why would any authorized dealership not have the recall replacement parts" I have heard about malfunction of the takata airbags. I do not understand why the dealer that I bought my Tahoe from would not have the parts for the recall. What is my recourse"

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

May 272016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact's VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags), but the contact was not notified. The contact stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. A dealer had not been contacted. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Wills Point, TX, USA

Oct 242017

Tahoe

The dealership said takata filled bankruptcy and as of right now they can not replace the air bags.. what about our safety?

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

May 162016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available; however, they stated that due to the result of their testing, they had no reason to believe the contact's vehicle model would be at risk. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Oct 232017

Tahoe

No dealership has parts so I am unable to get fixed" how can I make car safe? when will parts come in"

- St Augustine, FL, USA

Oct 222017

Tahoe

Tamara recall needs immediate attention safety concern

- Charleston, SC, USA

May 012015

Cracked dash in 2 places

- Southaven, MS, USA

May 232017

Tahoe

Cracked & broken dashboard vehicle was stationary.

- Locust Grove, AR, USA

Jul 042016

Tahoe

Takata recall airbag inflator is taking too long. GM sent an initial letter last year; July 2016. I am driving around in Florida; hot and humid. Stress is building as new Tahoe are rolling off assembly lines, but no parts can be spared to fix an "over time" serious injury. I have 3 reference numbers; but no parts. Can U help?

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 162016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Jan 072016

Tahoe

Vehicle dash has started cracking around the air bag and instrument cluster. This can and will affect the deployment of the airbag and could send flying debris into the vehicle or cut the air base upon deployment. Some estimates are that 80% of the 2009 model year have cracked. Dealership states this is a common issue and have repaired so many they have it done to half a day. Cost to repair is 1200 dollars. GM was contacted and state they cannot help us due to the fact we are second owners. Vehicle has been well maintained and has not be off road nor has it had any chemicals placed on the dash. Cracks are in the same place as everyone else's. simple google search shows the massive amount of people dealing with this issue. In my wife's case, her vehicle, in my opinion, is not safe to drive. After calling GM and the dealership repeatedly, they have offered no help except to charge me full price for the repair. Absolutely unacceptable to sell these vehicles knowing the dash won't last and then take no action to correct an obvious safety issue. I would be curious to see one of these crash tested with a big piece of broken plastic in the flight path of an airbag.

- Kathleen, GA, USA

May 022016

Takata recall no remedy since May 2016

- Huntington Park, CA, USA

Jan 092017

Tahoe

Within last 90 days dash has developed cracks around passenger side airbag compartment, which runs all the way to the bolt attachment point. Also cracked above driver instrument cluster. When turning the steering wheel (in motion or not) has a slight rubbing sound, and I am told by repair shop that it is the wound wire ignition line to the driver side airbag. I am concerned that both deficiencies in design and manufacturing, could prevent air bag deployment, or case them to go off without a front end impact to the sensors. This is a common problem with this model vehicle for several model years, and GM accepts no responsibility for defective design and manufacture, unlike Ford & Toyota. This is not a mileage issue, it is a plastic interior part, and unrelated to mileage. This vehicle is garaged and not parked in sun for long periods.

- Fair Oaks Ranch, TX, USA

Mar 012015

Tahoe

Dash cracking severely around airbag on passenger side, , if deployed may cause additional damage from shrapnel from broken plastic pieces. This ongoing and progressive, started about two years ago

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Jan 012015

Tahoe

Takata recall this entire recall reeks of a back office deal with GM and NHTSA. In one para GM states that " if the propellant degrades to a certain level, the inflators may rupture during deployment, causing serious or fatal injuries." Yet the following sentence states " GM considers your vehicle safe to drive". you should put pressure on GM to fix this as opposed to srringing it out for ever. D a lundy

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Nov 012015

Tahoe

My dash is cracking and getting worse every day. I've seen hundreds of pictures of similar GM vehicles that have the same issue. I've been dealing with my insurance on this issue for over a year and have concluded that this is a defective product. My one of my cracks has reached the passenger airbag and may become a huge liability for the manufacturer. What are my options on moving forward?

- Tomball, TX, USA

Jul 062016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Jul 022016

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Denver, CO, USA

Nov 102016

Tahoe

Dashboard has cracked near the passenger side airbag and driver side near the defrost vent- no accident. Simply sitting in the driveway of our home. The check engine light came on and when it was hooked up to the diagnostic computer system it stated it was bc of the fuel system control module which is already under recall.

- Smiths, AL, USA