3.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe:

Tahoe

TL- takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) the contact called the lou bachrodt Chevrolet coconut creek dealer (954) 960-6544 located at 5500 N state road 7, coconut creek, fl 33073) and it was confirmed that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pompano Beach, FL, USA

Aug 012019

Tahoe

Takata recall when is this recall going to be fixed. I don¿T want something to happen and the airbags fail and someone get hurt or killed because so much time is wasted fixing the issue.

- Grain Valley, MO, USA

May 142019

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) however, the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called turner Chevrolet dealer, located at 21001 crosby fwy, crosby, tx 77532, (281) 328-4377, and it was informed part was not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms part not available.

- Liberty, TX, USA

Jan 012005

Tahoe

Takata recall-----nothing being done for years-----why "?"

- Apache Junction, AZ, USA

Jul 012016

Tahoe

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Buick GMC of vacaville (350 orange dr, vacaville, ca 95687, (707) 471-8800) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Rio Vista, CA, USA

Oct 202017

Tahoe

Dash board above steering wheel well to wind shield and passenger side air bag panel is cracking and continues to grow in both directions. Vehicle was purchased this way and others of this year have the same issues.

- Litchfield Park, AZ, USA

Feb 012013

Tahoe

Like everyone else I have spoken to with 2007-2013 year model Chevrolet vehicles my dashboard is cracked because of a design flaw. I am worried that my passenger side air bag will not work correctly because of the crack. I have contacted GM for help but they offer nothing. The crack has gotten worse over the years and is now really bad. GM is pitiful

- Lakeland, LA, USA

Sep 152018

Tahoe

Dash is cracking in several places, including around passenger air bag and top of instrument panel in front of driver, causing possible unsafe conditions in a collision. Cracks occured under normal driving conditions and dash was not subjected to any physical abuse.

- Madisonnville, LA, USA

Aug 012013

Tahoe

Dash cracked on my 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe cracked around the airbags in about the year of 2013. If the airbags should deploy, the dash would most likely send shards of the dash flying. The dash cracked and split around the airbag without any anything setting on the dash. The Tahoe has been located in California.

- Emeryville, CA, USA

Jul 182018

Tahoe 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Bomnin Chevrolet dadeland (8455 S dixie hwy, miami, fl 33143, (855) 433-3309) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Coral Gables, FL, USA

Apr 022018

Tahoe

Dash has cracked on passenger airbag and driver side. Plastic has sharp edges where cracking when cleaning.

- Waterloo, IA, USA

Jun 162016

Tahoe

"takata recall" I received a recall notice for my car over two years ago for defective air bags made by takata. When I asked my dealership about it I was told at the time there was not a fix. Every time I return for service I ask about the recall and I am told the same thing. Two years is too long since it could affect my family. I have two kids and I am scared every time we go in my car for fear of the air bag exploding and killing my family with flying metal. Two years us way too long. Replace the bags and keep people safe and prevent lawsuits from happening.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Tahoe

Takata recall May 27,2016 manufacturer recall number2049151 NHTSA recall number16V381 recall statusrecall incomplete, remedy not yet available recall notice dated: May 27,2016; no action over two years. Manufacturer recall number2049151 NHTSA recall number16V381 recall statusrecall incomplete, remedy not yet available air bag warning light has been on for 1 year. No remedy available!

- Arlington, TX, USA

Tahoe

Takata recall no action on recall notice dated: May 27,2016 manufacturer recall number2049151 NHTSA recall number16V381 recall statusrecall incomplete, remedy not yet available air bag warning light has been on for 1 year. No remedy available!

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jun 112018

Tahoe

Takata recall. I received a recall notice two years ago and my air bags have not been replaced. In the beginning when I would call I was told to wait for a take it to the dealer letter. Today I was told by GM that the air bags in my vehicle were safe and I would not receive a notice to replace. The GM statement was read to me and which in essence stated that the current air bags were safe as takata had manufactured them under the guidelines of GM and were not suspect in being defective. Is this true??

- Upland, CA, USA

Tahoe

Why is there no remedy for my vehicle and all other vehicles affected almost 3 years later" I'm complaining about the length of time it is taking. I spoke to a dealership who said parts aren't available yet and they gave me the number to GM/Chevrolet. When I contacted GM/Chevrolet they told me, the decision from the NHTSA hasn't been made, they have the parts available to ship out to dealerships, but are not able to until the decision is given on what vehicles are affected. The representative from GM/Chevrolet gave me the phone number to the NHTSA to contact them and see if they had any other information on how long it would take to resolve this recall. I spoke with beau from NHTSA on 5/25/2018 at 1:23pm pst, and he told me that the petition had been declined in 2017, and that he didn't know why GM/Chevrolet hasn't updated their information. He told me the NHTSA website it updated everyday and I could check the status there. When I checked the status, this is what came up. Same thing GM/Chevrolet told me, there is still a pending resolution. When is this going to be taken care of" recall date: May 27, 2016 manufacturer recall number: 2049151 NHTSA recall number: 16V381 recall status: Recall incomplete, remedy not yet available docket no. NHTSA-2016-0124.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

May 142018

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The contact stated that the driver's side dashboard had a three to four inch crack. Additionally, there was a one inch crack on the passenger side dashboard. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer (musson patout Buick GMC, 214 w. hwy 90 frontage rd., new iberia, la 70560) where it was diagnosed that air bag parts were not available. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified and did not assist. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 131,415.

- New Iberia, LA, USA

Jan 012016

Tahoe 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the SRS indicator illuminated, which was a safety concern. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact called the local dealer (bill buck Chevrolet, 2324 South tamiami TR., venice, fl 34293, (941) 584-8688) several times and was informed that the parts were not available. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 109,939. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Venice, FL, USA

Jul 042016

Tahoe

Takata recall letter July 2016; no parts yet?

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 282018

Tahoe

The dash around the airbag is cracked. Tahoe had 45K on it when it started to crack.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA