Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

Feb 252005

Trailblazer

Chevrolet Trailblazer 2003 automatic, having problem shifting. The consumer stated the vehicle hesitated for 5 seconds, then slowly accelerated to the speed the consumer needed. The battery died due to a module problem.

- Carmichael, CA, USA

Jan 202004

Trailblazer

Complaint received via E-mail." I would like to share the defects discovered on my vehicle since I purchased this on October 2003. Few months I drove my Trailblazer, I was stuck at the airport because it won't start and I brought it to the dealership for repair which lasted for 3 days. They told me it was just a case of low battery power. I was not in agreement with their reason. I wrote GM headquarters demanding an exchange or replacement of the truck. They declined my request, instead they offered me an extended warranty. The following year, I was driving at around 25 mph, when I changed gear all of a sudden the gear shifter came loose and practically detached it's linkage. I panicked and slowly pulled over to the side of the road. The dealer repaired the shifter for free. Then just this month I was driving on the freeway at around 50 mph, I noticed the RPM was between 7-8 and the engine revved hard, but there was no power. The speed remained constant even when I pressed the gas pedal fully. I brought the vehicle to the dealership and they found out that the transmission is defective and they replaced it under warranty. The total mileage driven as of this time is 30,000 miles."

- Kapolei, HI, USA

May 092003

Trailblazer

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer plagued with defects. (nar) transmission, air conditioner, suspension, and rear windshield not working properly.

- Dewitt, MI, USA

Apr 082004

Trailblazer

When backing out of a driveway on a 50 degree incline vehicle rolled forward. As a result, vehicle crashed into a fence. Dealer stated transmission malfunctioned.

- Columbus, NE, USA

Jan 172004

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

When shifting from revese to drive low rpms and almost stalls.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Mar 222004

Trailblazer 6-cyl

We've noticed a vibrating sound after 2-5 minutes from starting our '03 Blazer from cold start. It tends to increase after we've driven it for a while. I've noticed while I'm waiting to pick my wife up that this irritating sound and vibration intensifies. Whatever it is, it's not normal. Fter taking the vehicle to our dealer and providing them with the below NHTSA bulletin, we hoped to get our vehilcle fixed. NHTSA no: 282674 bulletin no: 061903 bulletin date: June 2003 unusual vibration felt at idle or at very low RPM during parking lot manuevers. Also residence noise accompanying the vibration. Gms engineering dept at the dealer returned our T-Blazer informing us that it is normal. I don't believe they did a thorough job in locating & fixing the problem. The engineering dept recommended the service dept test an '04 Trailblazer. Their response was that it was normal like the '03. Before picking up my vehicle, I tested the warmed up '04 T-Blazer & didn't hear the same sound I hear in my vehicle. I don't understand how this vibrating sound can be normal when the following GM service website link... service.GM.com/gmtechlink/images/issues/apr03/tlapr03E.html#story16 refers to the following solution to the problem" exhaust boom or vibration vehicles with the 4.2L L6 engine may exhibit a boom or vibration coming from the exhaust, at or near idle. The following may help reduce the vibration. Unbolt the downpipe from the exhaust manifold outlet and replace the donut seal. When you tighten the downpipe to the manifold, have a second technician hold the rear end of the downpipe so the two exhaust hangers stay centered in the rubber bushing holes. Keeping the rods centered in the bushing holes makes a noticeable improvement. - thanks to GM technical assistance what can be done in order for this problem to be fixed"

- Eastlake, OH, USA

Sep 102003

Trailblazer 6-cyl

Owned 03 Trailblazer for 4 months and has given me electrical & mechanical problems. I had one problem since I first bought this vehicle and now I have 13 things that are a danger to me and my family. Ac turns on by itself whether car is off or on. Ac has turned on while I was driving frightening the hell out of me causing me to almost lose control of the wheel. Ac, engine lacks horse power, hand brake, hazard lights, lights turn off, mirrors move by themselves, car boggs as if it wants to turn off, while driving steering wheel moves by itself, gas gauge has read low fuel when gas is full. I am terrified the car will give out with my child and I in it.I have tried to have vehicle repaired numerous times and still dealer can't seem to duplicate the problem. The vehicle is a hazard to me and my family and to all those who own one. Need the problem to be fixed before any tragedies occur.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 192003

Trailblazer 6-cyl

2003 Chevrolet trail Blazer 2wd 4 spd automatic transmission experience roll back while on incline after vehicle has reached normal operating conditions. While on incline in the process of removing foot from brake to accelerate vehicle will roll back! contacted dealer and they said it was normal for that vehicle?

- Vanleer, TN, USA

May 142003

Trailblazer 4WD 8-cyl

Upon cranking the vehicle the service 4WD indicator light in the gauge console area lights up, while at the same time the selector light for which setting the transfer case is in goes out. The selector switch is in the 2wd setting and there will be no amber light indicating it. You can switch the selector to AWD or 4WD or back to 2wd and no indicator light. Sometimes it can me "fixed" by turning the vehicle off and restarting the engine.

- Collinsville, VA, USA