Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse:

Mar 222014

Traverse

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that the electronic locking system failed causing and a passenger became locked inside the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 97,000 and the current was 106,000.

- Northwood, NH, USA

Jan 272014

Traverse 6-cyl

The window control panel doesn't work at all. I am worried about a possible electrical fire. Other years for this vehicle are under recall.

- Clinton Township, MI, USA

Feb 012012

Traverse 6-cyl

My husband and I purchased a used 2009 Chevrolet Traverse from the local glenn Ford dealership around 02/2012. At the time of our purchase, glenn Ford "repaired" the tire pressure monitoring system. The light came on again a few days after we bought the truck. Since then and up until now, we have replaced a sensor and had the sensors relearned and reprogrammed at least 8 times. The light is still on, despite numerous dealership technicians telling us that the sensors are all functional. I am reporting this because I believe that this is a potential safety issue. I have two babies so I am very concerned.

- Conyers, GA, USA

Jan 312013

Traverse 6-cyl

The Traverse will not turn at certain speeds without excessive pressure to the steering wheel. I can't park in tight spaces, making turns greater than 20 degrees are increasingly difficult. Random turns are also difficult, like changing lanes on the freeway etc. The pressure needed to make these turns on the steering wheel can be overwhelming to the average driver. I am concerned that this may cause an accident. GM refuses to address the problem, and says that it is electrical and must be fixed at my expense even though the car is still under warranty. This seems like a power steering problem, yet GM says the steering is electrical.

- Belleville, MI, USA

Apr 202013

Traverse 6-cyl

I took it in because the A/C stop working and they founded the leaked. Also mentioned a recalled but didn't list on my receipt. My low beam headlights burned out too. I think there is an electrical problem but the dealer won't admit. Claimed repairs are normal wear and tear. I wish they had told me this before I bought this car brand new.

- Haymarket, VA, USA

Jan 282012

Traverse

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact was driving 70 mph when the no passenger light illuminated, despite the front passenger seat being occupied. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The dealer stated that the sensor failed. The manufacturer was contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 68,000 and the current mileage was 74,000.

- Hubbard Lake, MI, USA

Apr 142011

Traverse 6-cyl

My daughter had to be rushed to hospital in an ambulance. My other daughter and myself got in our 2009 Chevrolet Traverse and went to follow it. I turned on the car and had both low beam headlights fail. So there we were following the ambulance holding the highbeam switch on so that we could follow it and blinding everyone in our path. I brought it in to barton birks Chevrolet in newburgh NY and they said both bulbs burned out at the exact same time. Strange and did not think anything about it until I read about the recall on GMC acadia's and Saturn outlooks. As both of these share many of the same parts as my Traverse I thought you might want to look into this as well. Thank you.

- Pleasant Valley, NY, USA

May 312012

Traverse

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated the gauge on the instrument panel failed to display the correct amount of fuel. The temperature gauge also displayed that the vehicle overheated; however, it was not running hot. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer who stated the instrument cluster needed to be reprogrammed. The failure and current mileage was 72,622.

- Louisa, KY, USA

Sep 232011

Traverse 6-cyl

As I was driving going approximately 55 mph the park assist message appeared on the dashboard and then the car suddenly lost power. The gauges went to 0 and the radio and air conditioning went off. It then suddenly popped back on and 4 different warning lights came on the dash (check engine, tire pressure, a decal with a lock and the passenger air bag light) and then off again. I pulled over and turned the engine off. When I attempted to start the car again it would not turn over. I attempted 2 times and on the 3rd time the engine turned over and the warning lights were off. The following codes came up when a computer diagnostic tool was plugged in approximately 30 minutes after the issue occurred. B2aaa, B2A00, P0008, PO202 and U25E5.

- Spring, TX, USA

Apr 192010

Traverse 6-cyl

Consumers 2009 Chevy Traverse dash lights dim periodically. Consumer is concerned that this can be an electrical problem and vehicle can catch fire.

- Decatur, IL, USA