1.8

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Traverse:

Jun 162019

Traverse

Stabilitrak continues to pop up affecting sed etc I have already spent over $2000 replacing parts and it continues

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

May 102019

Traverse

Been having a problem with the traction system stalibak need help getting it fixed it's a known problem for a lot of people.

- West Haven, CT, USA

Apr 112019

Traverse

Stabilitrak is not working properly along with traction control. Seems to be electrical problem as many of the windows, along with other electrical lights are not working properly. When driving the car loses power. There is a grinding noise and the traction control service indicator light and stabilitrak comes on, along with the service engine light. When there is loss of power the car will not accelerate for a few second, which is very dangerous in traffic.

- Milford, IN, USA

Apr 022019

Traverse

Twice in the past week, the vehicle has had some sort of issue where it shuts off the stabilitrak system, the traction control system and also triggers the brake alarm and says service brake system. There has not been any noticeable change in the performance of the vehicle and after shutting it off for awhile and restarting it, the issue is resolved. The incidences have occurred on city streets at relatively low speeds and shortly after the vehicle has been started for the first time that day after sitting all night.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Mar 122018

Traverse

While driving on the interstate at 75 miles per hour, a message yes it said traction control is off service stabilitrak. Then it said engine power reduced! the vehicle quickly went from 75mph down to 30 while on the interstate! I was in the passing lane and the truck behind me locked up his brakes and still barely avoided me.

- Missoula, MT, USA

Dec 062018

Traverse

The check engine light has been on for two years in my Traverse and my local mechanic doesn't know why. For about the same amount of time, when filling the tank we have to turn all electronics off and then after the fill we have to pump the gas pedal and coax it into starting. Again, local mechanic doesn't know what to do that won't cost a fortune, so advised to continue driving if what we do works. For the last month or so the stabilitrak warning light has come on periodically and then the reduced engine power light also comes on. This happens when it is really cold. At first nothing else happened, but the last three times we did lose power. I went down to 40mph while driving on the interstate and then at 21 below last night we couldn't go over 10-15 mph. After turning the car off for a while it normally re-sets which it did last night and we finally made it home. This engine power reduction and stabilitrak issue happens while driving. The check engine light is always on when the car is on.

- Livingston, MT, USA

Dec 062018

Traverse

When driving it on the highway, the check engine light came on in the car and flashed the words: Traction control off, service stability, rear park assist off, engine power being reduced. The vehicle went from 70 mph to about 25 mph. I was almost hit by the other vehicles as this happened. The seatbelt has also not been latching fully and this morning the airbag sensor came on and said check the airbag system. But then went off after about 20 seconds, while I was stationary.this is clearly hazardous and makes driving to work and to my children's things impossible and extremely dangerous. Now I've done my research and what most people believed and mechanics was that it was the throttle body sensor being dirty, we had this cleaned last year. This also seemed to only occur after the temperature outside goes below 30 degrees. People also have found that it may be the engine module system that was serviced or sometimes the catalyst converter. But even after people have had these things serviced they have experienced the same ordeal I have and that's after having 3 or more mechanical repairs with no clue on what is actually causing the problem.

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Jun 122018

Traverse

While driving with my daughter my truck started to pick up speed than slow down as if it was about to cut off. The check engine light came on than the engine power started to reduce.we had it checked out and we told several different codes showed. The vehicle will not turn back on. The dealership informed us that the timing chain had stretched and needed to be replaced. After looking up recalls on the vehicle and the problem others are having with the same make and model I called GM to see if they were willing to help. I was told there's nothing they can do because the problem is not big as of now but in the future if they continue to have them problems they would send me out a recall on it. My problem is how many more complaints do they need before they recall timing chain for the Traverse. I feel they are very dangerous while driving if the trucks will shut down while driving high speeds. A lot of people can be hurt being this.

- Sumter, SC, USA

Apr 012015

Traverse

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. While driving above 50 mph in temperatures below 40 degrees, the "service stabilitrack, engine powering slow" message would display and the speed would suddenly reduce to approximately 30 mph. The failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer and local dealer (hubler Chevrolet in rushville, in) were notified and did not assist. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Rushville, IN, USA

Feb 182018

Traverse

I have a 2010 Chevy Traverse. First it started with a warning lights of the stabilizing track being turned off and my ABS light came on. On 2/18/2018 my reduce engine warming popped on while I'm doing 75mph and my car lost power while I'm on the California freeway, shaking and slowing completely down. I'm pregnant and I was scared that someone couldn't of just slammed right into me. I pulled over to shut down my vehicle to try to reset it but it didn't work. All the same warning lights came back on and the car wouldn't go past 40mph while sputtering on my way to work. I bought the SUV used two years ago without any problems until recently. I was not informed about any recalls with this vehicle and that's very upsetting since this is my family car and my self and my kids are in it 99% of the time and my job is 70 miles away from my home. To make things worse, now my check engine light stud on. I don't have money for any major repairs. Especially one that is a wide spread issue and GM is aware of.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Feb 072018

Traverse

Check engine light displays then engine power reduced warning comes on, causing the vehicle to slow at any time (very dangerous when on the freeway). The throttle needle and car shakes and car will cut off and stall to turn on again.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 142018

Traverse

Every time when it's real cold out and I'm driving my stabilitrak come on and my engine reduced power clean throttle body already don't know what the problem is here's a recall on throttle body for a 2010 Chevy Traverse need to call Chevy dealer and see what the problem

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 292017

Traverse

My check engine light appeared this evening in my 2010 Traverse as well as service stabilitrack and traction control. As I accelerated my fuel level indicator went down and when I hit the brakes it would shoot up to full. I am one of many to deal with the issue with specifically a Chevy Traverse.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 232017

Traverse

Stability trak, ABS, traction control warning lights keep coming on in middle of highway. After replacing brakes and routers two weeks later still coming with a strange "feel" to brake pedal.

- Owensboro, KY, USA

Jun 012017

Traverse

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that the traction control and stability control indicators illuminated. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The dealer and manufacturer were not notified. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 122,000.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Jun 082017

Traverse

While driving to work, I start hearing dings. I look at the dash and it tells me that my traction is off, to check my stabilitrack, and also the brake was on. Then all of the lights turned back off except the traction light. Now it feels as though my vehicle is being pulled backwards as I try to drive. Definitely a loss of power.

- Vidor, TX, USA

Apr 212017

Traverse

This vehicle was purchased today 04/21/2017 and I noticed that it is accelerating and decelerating itself. When I told the dealer they told me that since I drove it just 3 hours it is my own problem to own. Now am afraid to drive it as it may go over the uncontrollable speed or stop in the middle of the highway causing disasters.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jan 082017

Traverse

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse. While driving 60 mph, the stabilitrac warning and reduced engine power warning indicators illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact stated that the failure was intermittent. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 272016

Traverse

Stability control and check engine light and transmission wont work park and now it dosent work why no recall too many complaints.

- San Jacinto, CA, USA

Jun 152016

Traverse

June 2016, approx. 114,000 mi - felt a lurch in stop & go traffic; flashed "service stabilitrak, " "service traction control, " "backup alerts = off". the check engine light appeared. A few miles down the road when traffic sped up, I realized I only had one gear and could not accelerate above 60mph. A serious problem on the interstate! several hours later, the check engine light remained on, but the car drove normally -- straight to the repair shop, where it was deemed to need $2400 in transmission repair due to the following fault codes: P182E & C0561. They will replace the transmission mode shift sensor and the transmission control module. The mechanic also informed us that we will eventually need a $700 repair for the control arms in the rear suspension -- ge has corrected a known fault in the parts. All this is on top of a $3000 repair done in April 2015 at 92,500 mi. For known steering defects. In that case, as the Traverse warmed up, the power steering got hard to turn. GM repaired part of the problem at no cost, replacing power steering pump and gear housing. Another mechanic completed the replacement of the rack and pinion assembly that was also part of the problem. These are both substantial defects and repairs needed in a vehicle that was expected to last much longer before needing more than routine maintenance.

- Worthington, OH, USA