4.2

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse:

Sep 062019

Traverse

I noticed there was a recall on similar year makes/models in regards to brake system failures. My 2015 Chevy Traverse frequently has braking issues related to the recall. It often always has noise from the brake pedal when depressed that sounds like air being expelled from the line. This happens at multiple rates of speeds in multiple driving conditions; including slow city driving, highway at high speeds, in rain and in snow as well as dry days. This has occurred from the day I purchased the vehicle in August 2016. Is the 2015 Chevy Traverse being investigated as well or will it be? thank you!

- West Milton, OH, USA

Oct 302015

Traverse

I have a 2015 Chevy Traverse with 13,000 miles. I was in a neighborhood after reversing out of the parking spot and driving down a short steep hill. I wanted to turn and tried to depress the brake pedal but it was not in the proper location. I glided, put in neutral and pressed the emergency brake to stop. It was at night and I did not see the location of the brake pedal other than that it was where it should be. I put in park and turned the car off and back on and the brake pedal appeared to be in the correct position and working. I had Chevy check it out and they said they could not find anything wrong with it. I don't know if the brake pedal was stuck to the floor and if I had pressed it if it would have worked. It seems to have an air leak sound sometimes when depressing brake and they just said it was normal though I don't recall hearing that for 13,000 miles before. I have no other vehicle to drive but now fear for my life if the brakes go out on a highway.

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA