Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Volt:

Aug 012019

Volt

Forward collision sensor has been giving false positives while driving a highway speeds around turns and in construction zones.

- Nashua, NH, USA

Feb 232018

Volt

While driving in rush hour traffic this Chevy Volt's entire electrical system crashed causing me to crash right along with it. No brakes (antilock braking system fail)no steering or horn even worse...no air bags.... results: Multi-car collision with no fatalities but, several injurys.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Jan 092017

Volt

One of the prongs on the portable charger got stuck in the electrical outlet. Now we are unable to charge it at home without locating an inconveniently located charging station.

- Plymouth, MI, USA

Sep 232016

Volt

I have a 2013 Chevy Volt. The other day while driving my instrument cluster went black. I couldn't see my speed, fuel, remaining battery, signal indicators. I couldn't see anything going on with the car. The main instrument cluster reports on everything. I took it to a dealership and was told, "yeah these things go often and your out of warranty". I also looked this up online and there are a lot of other Volt owners that are dealing with this. This should be a recall. GM knows they are selling a bad product. I shouldn't have to spend $1200 on a new instrument cluster every couple of years. Here is a link to some other owners with the same issue. GM-Volt.com/forum/archive/index.php/T-9451.html

- Broadbrook, CT, USA