9.0

Most common solutions:

2. loose wire to power box (3 reports)
  3. the car has been returned to me and is working so far (3 reports)
  4. they can't fix the problem they don't know what's wrong with (3 reports)
  5. chrysler buying back (2 reports)
  6. oil seeped into the map sensor, shorting out the vehicle (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.

Jun 122019

200 Limited 2.4L

No one has an answer why the car shuts off in traffic!!!!! Chrysler needs to buy back 2015 200's!!! What makes matters worse is my daughter has the same identical car !!!!!!

- LuWanna S., Commerce, GA, US

May 242019

200 S 2.4L

I was heading to my brothers after a job interview and I was at a stop light and my 2015 Chrysler 200 shut off and turned back on twice. I was able to pulled over into a near by parking lot (thinking my oil is low because this car is known to shut off when you have low oil, but come to find out it wasn't).

An hour later after all that I go to leave my brothers and I pull out of the parking space and my car completely shut off on me as I was in reverse everything locked up and I couldn't start it for about 30 seconds to a minute. I finally was able to move it and parked somewhere off to the side of the parking lot and left it running to see what would happen and it completely shut off again. I had to call my fiancé to come help me figure out what the hell is happening and he couldn't figure it out.

So I called a Chrysler Dealership near me and described everything that was happening to my car to the shop worker and at first he didn't know what was going on and then he told me my alternator might be going out (I've had pass experiences with an alternator going out and this was no where near that) I tried to drive it to the shop, but couldn't so I had to have my car towed there. The guy towing my car asked what was going on and my fiancé explained everything and I told him what the shop guy said and he agreed with me and said he doesn't believe this is alternator issue.

So now I'm over here playing the guessing game trying to figure out what's going on with my car because all this had to happen on a holiday weekend and the dealership is closed.

- Katelynn J., Midland, US

May 202019

200 Limited 2.4L

This piece of sh*t vehicle has stalled out and shut down on me, I stall out and can't get the car started and I'm in the middle of traffic! This is atrocious! This has happened to me 25 times, several times with my children in the car! Monday May 20, 2019 this piece of sh*t car started to stall while I was driving on the freeway at 70 plus mph. The car started putting, jerking, and losing power. My speed dropped, my heart was beating out of control the vehicle would not accelerate. I had to immediately put my emergency flashers lights on praying the car behind me don't slam into to me. I was able to merge over in the slower lane. I tried to accelerate, but the vehicle wouldn't go. My speed kept dropping I gave it one last push, and the vehicle speed increased. However, my five year old daughter was in the back seat. I was scared out of my mind.

I just want Chrysler to know that they really need to buy back and burn all these dangerous vehicles (Chrysler 200). I'm driving and paying for a vehicle that will kill me and my family and whomever else. I don't want any tragic accidents to occur with this very real issue concerning this vehicle. I had twelve close calls with this vehicle, I'm over it! Chrysler needs to act fast before someone dies. This vehicle sucks!!!!

- Tanika E., Hartwell, US

May 022019

200

This has happened to me 5 times, once with my child in the car! I stall out and can't get the car started and I'm in the middle of traffic! This is atrocious!

- mcoffenberry, Sutter Creek, US

Apr 212019

200 2.4L

This piece of sh*t vehicle has stalled out and shut down on me a total of 4 times. Sunday April 21, 2018 this piece of sh*t car started to stall while I was driving on the freeway at 70 plus mph. The car started putting, jerking, and losing power. My speed dropped, my heart was beating out of control the vehicle would not accelerate. I had to immediately put my emergency flashers lights on praying the car behind me don't slam into to me. I was able to merge over in the slower lane. I tried to accelerate, but the vehicle wouldn't go my speed kept dropping I gave it one last push, and the vehicle speed increased. However, my five year old daughter was in the back seat. I was scared out my mind.

I just want Chrysler to know that they really need to buy back and burn all these dangerous vehicles (Chrysler 200). I'm driving and paying for a vehicle that will kill me and my family and whom ever else. I don't want any tragic accidents to occur with this very real issue concerning this vehicle. I had four close calls with this vehicle, I'm over it! Chrysler needs to act fast before someone dies. This vehicle sucks!!!!

- Latrice J., Detroit, US

Apr 282019

200

This was the instance of the stall with my son in the car. I came to the bottom of a hill and proceeded to turn right in to traffic and it stalled, leaving me stranded. I couldn't turn off of the road or move anywhere safe. This is a HUGE hazard! HUGE! It took several minutes of panic before it would start.

- mcoffenberry, Sutter Creek, US

Mar 012019

200 Limited V4

Service Airbag System light came on. The next day, my engine start to shut off during operation. This happened every time I used the car. This lasted for a week. I looked online and found previous owners stating to check the airbag wiring underneath the seats. So I did a check of my wiring. Started up the car and the airbag service light was no longer visible. I drove my car and it no longer stops during operation. Someone needs to look into this issue before it is tragic. An airbag service light should not stop the engine operation of a vehicle. The Chrysler dealership did not seam to care very much as they just said schedule an appointment. The appointment was a couple weeks out......

- Kimberly J., San Jose, CA, US

Jan 022017

200 C 6

I can be driving and the car just cut off. A red warning sign shows up on the dash and I have to pull over and restarted the car. I thought this was because the seat belt light was on for a long time. The seat belt keeps coming loose from the plug under the seat.

- Alfreda H., Oxford, US

Oct 232018

200 Limited 2.4L

Engine stalls when I start her up. Terrible car I would never buy another Chrysler in my life.

- Ricardo R., Kenosha, WI, US

Oct 112018

200

This doesn't make no damn sense... my car has stalled while driving about 4 times since I've had it. Dealership can't do sh*t because no codes come up, it was updated last yr due to a recall. Someone is going to end up killed over this of course Chrysler doesn't want to do anything about it. I spoke to someone over chat and she says it needs to be diagnosed first. Well everyone knows that if no code pops up then it can't be, all of a sudden the chat ended. I left a tweet on their page next I'll be calling corporate tomorrow once again about this issue. I've never had this issue with my Taurus or Sable. They're very careless with people's lives and don't give a damn.

- Cheryl P., Port Huron, US

Sep 072018

200 2.4L

I have 2015 Chrysler 200 with 58k miles. When I press the gas pedal to accelerate the car stutters then shut off, then a couples days later it wouldn't start up.

- TOTAL YOU INTEGRATIVE M., Clinton, MD, US

Jun 022018

200

Purchase the 2015 new. I have had 3 recalls now the engine has failed. Car stalls out, transmission slips..

I think I was sold a lemon form the beginning. The car will be 3 years old in September of this year. How is that possible I need a new engine. Transmission was reset so that what the service department reported with other recalls. Really Chrysler. Car still was slipping after transmission was reset.

- Debra R., Baytown, US

Dec 242017

200 Limited 4.2L

click to see larger images

engine stalls/shuts off while driving engine stalls/shuts off while driving

Car will automatically put itself into neutral and shut itself off. Once car is turned off and your driving you have very little ability to turn steering wheel because it sticks, both feet required on the brake in order to stop the car ( had a car been in front of me any of the times this occurred it would have been an accident) . Once you get the car stopped screen says to put the car in park put foot on brake and restart car. Which all of this makes no sense because if your in drive in one of these you know you can't turn the car off unless your already in park. So how this happens by itself and into neutral is beyond me.

Took car into dealership on Jan 2nd 7 am 2018( soonest appt available due to holiday) not offered a car to get me home or to work only offered a shuttle). At 3 pm I was called and informed dealer could not reproduce this issue that had now happened multiple times in the past month.The car is not coding this and I couldn't reproduce this issue if I wanted as there is no rhyme or reason when this happens. I picked the car up by 4 pm and of course on my way home it did it to me on a main and busy road. Finally got car restarted and got home called the dealer and they said if it doesn't code and they can't make the car do it it can't be fixed. It happened again this week (Jan 11th). This time with both of my kids in the car, was able to drift it out of traffic behind me with hazard lights on after four tries it finally restarted. Called a different Chrysler dealership have another appt on Wed Jan 17 2018.

- Charlene M., Newark, US

Nov 302017

200 Limited 3.2L

Hello everyone,

Recently, I was driving in my 2015 Chrysler 200 and while in a busy intersection, the car stalled. There were no warning lights, or nothing gave me evidence of what was causing the car to stall. After the car stalled two more times within a two-week period, I finally took my car to Jim Marsh Chrysler Dealership, located in the Centennial Hills area of Las Vegas. The Service Advisor named Vegas gave me the most bizarre initial diagnoses. After lifting the hood of the care, he said that there is evidence a rodent’s tracks. He then said rodents might have chewed up the wires because the wires are sweet in tasting. Later, he gave me a diagnosis that my Transmission Wiring Harness was rubbing against the transmission casing, causing it to wear. Mr. Vegas went on to say that this problem was not covered under my extended warranty or Chrysler’s Powertrain Warranty. He then said it would cost me $1000 to fix it, $150 for parts and $850 for the labor. I explained to Mr. Vegas that there was a recall on this very problem. He said, “the recall did not affect your vehicle.” I then said to him, “it’s the same vehicle with the same problem that is in in the recall.” I then ask him can the repairs be coved under Chrysler’s Powertrain Warranty? He said, “no.” After asking several times for Mr. Vegas to give the diagnoses and charges in writing, I contacted Fiat/Chrysler (FCA) and is waiting for their decision on this issue.

I will update you soon.

- master pimp, Las Vegas, US

Dec 022017

200 Limied

CAR CUTS OFF WHEN SLOWING DOWN , I RECEIVED SOMETHING ABOUT A RECALL MONTHS AGO. BUT WHEN I CALLED FOR AN APPOINTMENT I WAS TOLD THAT THE PART IS NOT IN. AND I WILL BE CONTACTED I HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED. I NEED MY CAR TO WORK AND IT SUCKS TO HAVE A CAR THAT IS NOT THAT OLD AND STILL DOES NOT WORK NO BETTER THAN AN OLD CAR WITH A LOT OF MILES ON IT.

- Shameka E., Brooksville, US

May 192015

200 Limited

Our 2015 Chrysler problems started within the time it was due for the first oil change. The car continues to shut off while running when the oil life gets around 40%. Since the beginning of the lease it has been in and out of the service departments they change the oil, run for updates, done re-calls, 2 oil consumption tests and still (2017) this issue still plaques us. We have made several calls to Chrysler and each time we were told we told they were sending us to the next level, the last time they told us to have an oil consumption test in 3,000 miles (2nd one) and when we called them back they said the case had been closed! REALLY? This car has stopped running in the middle of the road too many times to count, it is unsafe but no one at Chrysler it seems can/will help us. They should be held responsible and stand behind their product and customers. We have done our part (as well as many others) by bringing this to their attention, it is time for them to do theirs.They know this problem exits yet how many unsafe cars are on the road because they there has been no resolution? Obviously, the last recall didn't do it, we were hopeful until the oil life hit in the 40% and we were right back to square one!

- Scott R., Massillon, US

200 LS 2.4l4 Clylinder

I have a Chrysler 200 2015 limited this vehicle has been a great car until now myself and my husband have been getting the updates that are needed for the vehicle until 7/13/17. We phoned Chrysler Dodge & Ram at 9604 Indianapolis blvd, Highland, IN. we phoned the company three times on 7/13/2017. we informed the company of the issue due to fact my husband took vehicle to Auto Zone, which is located at 722 E. Ridge Rd, Griffith, IN 46319. they stated the issue is an update that is needed. The service manager at the Highland, IN location stated he could not do update because an appointment is needed, but he could do oil change and rotate tires. I feel if you could do that this could have been taken care of. This vehicle has stopped three times while driving it and this company gives us an reply like this, really. I think the dealerships do not think these updates are important due to the fact that they are free and it takes about an hour to complete. I feel this is unacceptable and we are still driving in the vehicle and it still cuts off. I hope and pray that no one hits us or we hit someone due to the lack of an update. I notified Chrysler on Twitter and the representative with JH initials keep stating am on the wrong page to DM it's funny he was responding from the Chrysler Twitter chat so why is no one is trying to help me. I feel Chrysler needs to recall all these vehicles due to this cut off issue because now my next move is the BBB.

- Michelle G., Merrillville, IN, US

Jul 212017

200 Limited V6

Drove my Chrysler to a city about 6 hours away. As soon as I got to the city, as I was driving through a very busy multi-lane intersection, my car just stopped driving. I was barely able to coast out of the intersection, and was unable to start my car. All lights would turn on but the engine wouldn't even fire. The brake and gear shift were locked so I couldn't even put it in neutral and push it out of the way. Got it towed to the local dealership, they've had my car for almost a week to replace the power box and deal with the wiring, but I'm terrified to drive the 6h home on a highway in case this happens again.

The dealership and FCA have also not reimbursed me for the bus I had to take back to my home town while I wait for my car repair, and tried to tell me for the first 4 days that I might not be covered by the warranty because I probably voided it by pumping diesel fuel or something, so they wouldn't provide a rental.

ABSOLUTE SH*T CAR, AND ABSOLUTE SH*T SERVICE TO MATCH. Will be trying to sell it immediately.

- Laura D., Ottawa, ON, Canada

200 S V6

• CVT transmission

It started innocently enough. For a couple weeks, when I was turning a corner and going up hill, the car's bell would occasionally sound and the dash readout would say "Press OK for KMH." Then, one morning on my way to work, as I was turning left and heading up a steep hill (I live in the City of Hills), my engine stopped entirely. After a brief moment of panic, I was able to restart the car. The next day, the exact same thing happened (twice!). I tried to get an appointment after the first incident at my local Chrysler dealership (where I had tried the week before to purchase a new car to replace my husband's Jeep but was met with such ineptitude I resolved that I would seek out different brands after being a loyal Chrysler/Jeep customer in my home state for at least a decade -- leasing new vehicles, on average, every 18 months). The dealership was unable to get me in for two weeks, even though my car has a serious fault that could be deadly. I called Chrysler to see what my options were and received no satisfaction. I was told I could take it elsewhere but they couldn't tell me until after I had the work done whether I could be reimbursed or not. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I would get a call back in one business day and if I hadn't heard from someone by Tuesday at 8pm I should call back. I was given a case number for follow-up. No call came in and on Wednesday morning I called again using my case number and was told no request was put in for a supervisor to call me and that if they did, I would receive the exact same answer. So, I have a car I can't safely use and Chrysler will do nothing about it. When this lease is up, I will not lease another Chrysler.

Update from Jul 28, 2017: After a two-week wait (with my car tucked in my garage for safety) I was finally able to get into a dealer for repairs. The dealership ordered and replaced the steering angle sensor. Upon return, when I was driving down the same hill on which I encountered the previous problems while driving up it, the car went absolutely berserk. It felt like the car shifted down and I could not accelerate above 24 MPH. The dash flashed a warning about the variable transmission not being available at this time and then lit the engine light, the traction control light, and a big red lightning bolt. After stopping and restarting the car, the engine light remained on and the odometer continuously flashed. I returned it for repair and was told the software hadn't completely updated the day before and that it has now been properly updated. We will see . . .

- shellywho, Oneonta, US

200 LS 2.4l4 Clylinder

7-17-2017 was a day from hell, my Chrysler 2015 shut off on myself and husband about five times while driving in traffic. I was on the phone with Chrysler customer service rep by the name of Chris, this individual was no help at all and acted like he did not have a care in the world. I was explaining to him that the vehicle has been shutting off in the middle of traffic last week about ten times and the dealership was refusing to help myself and my husband. Please know, I was speaking to a supervisor at a Chrysler Dodge and Ram dealership, listen this company wanted to complete a oil change and rotate my tires but wanted me to make a another appointment for an update, I could not believe it. The vehicle was completed on 7-17-17 for the oil change and so far the vehicle has not been shutting off not saying the issue is resolved, but Chrysler is getting all these complaints why are they sitting around doing nothing? I guess they are waiting on a death to occur then get sued.. Really Chrysler you need to recall call these 200's and make things right with your customers. I am very disappointed in the Highland, In office and the office located in Lansing, IL both Chrysler Dodge Ram companies are only looking for not the well being of their customers... Chrysler just doesn't give a damn. I guess it's a money thing, sad company.

- Michelle G., Merrillville, IN, US