8.2

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chrysler 200:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.

Oct 312019

200 Anniversary

When driving first thing in the morning and in the evenings after it has sat all day (about 10 hours) the engine stalls out (very quietly) when I am braking for a traffic light, intersection, etc. It is difficult to get to the side of the road and then it is very hard to start. It took 3 tries and the first 2 times, it tried and then timed out without even sounding like it was going to catch. The 3rd time, it struggled, started to catch 2 times, and then finally caught and turned over. I didn't get very far when it felt like it would stall again but I got lucky. Good think I live on a hill and was going down hill!

- Jeannette P., Baltimore, MD, US

Aug 072019

200

Just got the car back for other issues and now my car is stalling out as I am driving. I am going to either get hit or someone is going to get hurt because of this issue. I have done some reading and found there are more then enough people having this same issue and its not just my year. I just bought this car 12/18 and now having to deal with this. NOT HAPPY and VERY WORRIED!

- Kristin K., North Liberty, IN, US

Apr 152019

200

This past summer June 2018 I was pulling out of my driveway and my car randomly died. I was stuck on the side of the road trying to get it to turn over after about 6 attempts it started.

For the rest of that month it randomly did it off and on. Once when i was pulling into a gas station with my little girl in the car across a busy intersection. Luckily we coasted into the parking lot in time.

I researched all that i could and saw maybe it was a safety feature for the engine when it is very low on oil. However i wasn't due for an oil change and there was no warning light or anything.

Flash forward to yesterday I left to bring my daughter to school... She forgot something we turned around as i pulled back into my driveway my car randomly died again and took 20 mins to get the engine to turn over,I have no warning lights. Nothing to indicate why this is happening.

Bottom line its unsafe especially with my child in the car, there is no solution after all the research and talks with autobodys.

- Justine C., Londonderry, US

Aug 062018

200 Limited 2.4L

The engine started stalling while driving. Especially when making a right or left turn, the car will shut off. I am not sure what is the issue with this car. Nothing but trouble since I had it.

- Andre C., Washington, US

Jul 252018

200 3.6L

It happen again this morning. I will call dealership today. This is very annoying!

- Sharon W., Dallas, US

Jun 182018

200 Limitef 2.4L

I have had the vehicle for about 18 months. We started having problems a few months after we purchased it. The first problem was the check engine light coming on and off repeatedly. When I took it to the dealership, I was told that there was nothing wrong with the car. The light was reset. Then the problems with the engine began. This has been happening for about 2 weeks. I’ve been doing some research about any recalls but there is nothing so far. I definitely do not recommend this vehicle.

- oscarmar05om, Moreno Valley, US

Apr 082017

200 LX 2.4L

Car died for the second time in 200 kms while driving about 40 km/h. Stalled and wouldn't start. Towed to dealer where they replaced engine wiring harness. Fortunately, I was able to pull to the side of the road safely. Dealer is willing to trade car in, at a loss, of course. There are too many lemons on this site to think it's not worthy of a recall. No lemon law in Canada so I'm at the mercy of the dealer. Can't afford to let my kids drive this car and risk a serious accident or worse.

- drozdiak, Brampton, ON, Canada

Jan 242017

200 Limited V6

I TOOK THE CAR IN TO THE DEALER SHIP I BOUGHT IT FROM AND THE GUY LOOKED AT ME IF I WAS CRAZY. AFTER THEY HAD MY CAR FOR 9 HOURS THEY SAID THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CAR. WERE SORRY

- Mindy S., Yuma, AZ, US

Jan 242017

200 Limited V6

I bought this Chrysler 200 in June 2016 and since then I have had issues with the battery (replaced) car would not start, battery would not hold charge and now this. While driving (in motion) the car just shuts off. I have been close to being rear ended due to this. This is my first Chrysler and I am beyond disappointed with this vehicle. On top of that when I take the car to the Service Dept of the dealership where I purchased the car they seem to know little to nothing about the issues of the car or how to resolve them.

- maryprice, Montgomery, AL, US

Nov 082016

200 Limited

I bought a new Chrysler 200 Limited in June 2016. My vehicle has less than 3,000 miles. I have experienced over 10 separate instances where my engine has stalled while decelerating at stop lights, stop signs, or street entrances and then trying to accelerate to get across traffic. The car stall/dies and has to be put back into park and then push the start button to restart. This is an extremely dangerous issue with my vehicle. I do not have any faith in my safety in driving this vehicle. Has anyone else had this same situation? If so, what did the dealer do to fix the situation. Thanks so much!

- donmo, Saint Charles, MO, US

Aug 092016

200

I bought this car on February 9,2016. It was working fine up until August 2016. The transmission does not catch gear and it stalled in the middle of the street. I kept pushing the gas because a car was coming and it did not move till finally a few seconds later. I wish I never bought this v=car because if it is messing up now I can imagine it in a few years. When I bought this car it had only 10 miles. I am so unhappy with this car. Do NOT purchase this car!!!!!

- Becky C., Riverside, CA, US

Feb 202016

200 Limited 3.2L

I have had this car since November 2014 and yesterday for the 3rd time during this time frame, the vehicle completely died on me as I'm driving home in one of the busiest highways in NYC. The other two times I experienced this was while driving in local streets. Yesterdays experience was a harrowing one, the car engine shut off as I was passing a small bridge in the highway. There was no shoulder I could pullover to, so I let the car coast until it came to a complete stop, I quickly activated my four ways, and shut off the car. When I tried to return the knob from the drive position to the park position, the knob light/indicator would not move as if it were stuck. Since it was early evening I began to feel fear of someone flying in behind me and hitting. I literally had to pull my arm out of the driver side window, and wave it frantically, to direct traffic around the disabled vehicle. After a few minutes, I tried starting up the car once again and it went on and I was able to drive again. This whole experience made me feel vulnerable and and in danger for my own life.

- jv vargas, Miami, FL, US