Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chrysler 300:

Feb 112017

300

I was driving on interstate 93 in boston MA. When without any warning the transmission went from drive into park and the car came to a screeching stop. I was fortunate that the vehicles behind me were able to stop in time. I was barely able to drive home and called the dealer, and they made arrangements to pick up the vehicle because I would not drive it. I was told that the valve body was no good. They ordered the part, but when they installed it, I was told that that part was also no good. The service manager said that they eventually did get the part in and advised me that the car had been repaired. As of this writing, I have not picked up the car, and quite frankly I am extremely concerned that I would not be so lucky if this happened again on the hwy.

- Hyde Park, MA, USA

Oct 012016

300

Electronic transmission control. Engine stalling the light is staying on and the car loses power (lugging) while driving

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

May 102016

300

This car has the rotary dial for transmission selection. I pulled this car has a rotary dial for the shifter. I put the vehicle in park and exited the car to close a gate. As soon as I exited the vehicle it began to roll backwards. I could not get back in the vehicle in time to stop it from exiting the garage. The driver's door caught on the garage door pillar turning it 180 degrees and pushing it into the front fender. Damage to the vehicle was $3210.05. Since the repairs were completed, the same problem has occurred two additional times, fortunately with no damage. A faulty design for sure.

- Ogdensburg, NY, USA

Jan 132016

300

I rented a car from fox car rental and I was renting 2016 Chrysler 300 my dream car has I was driving turned right on a residential street the rear shift by it self the nob turned when I pressed on the breaks I got real scared and I went back to the car rental and told the manger that this car that is a 2016 car they just received needed to be returned to the dealer cause it malfunction when I press the breaks the nob of the 2016 Chrysler 300 gear shift changed gear on its own. I was only going 5mph that is very dangerous especially if you are driving in a down stiff road or street I do not think the nob gear does not lock so it changed rear on its own when you do a sudden break

- Daly City, CA, USA

Mar 122016

300

The transmission will not shift when required. The vehicle was going around a corner, at approximately 15-20 mph the transmission hesitated. I accelerated but the transmission would not downshift. I floored the accelerator and nothing happened. The vehicle continued at the same speed of 15-20 mph. I was almost sideswiped in the process. I remained on the accelerator for almost 30 seconds and the vehicle never increased speed or shifted gears. This is not the first faulty experience with the vehicle but the final straw filing a complaint. I have had numerous issues with the transmission up shifting, down shifting, and hesitations of this transmission.

- Riverview, MI, USA