Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica:

Apr 132015

Pacifica 6-cyl

2004 Chrysler Pacifica, original owner, 60306 miles. Car was being serviced and the subframe has almost completely rusted out, making the car undriveable. Contacted local dealer and was given Chrysler cust service number. Car built in Sept 2003, said dos not qualify for Chrysler (apparently secret) extended warranty. Filed a complaint with Chrysler, but they will not provide any reply to their "review". we were fortunate that we were not seriously injured, or killed as a result of this quality issue..... and subsequent refusal to correct by Chrysler. Anyway to investigate this consumer safety issue?

- Medina, OH, USA

Apr 012015

Pacifica 6-cyl

My 2004 Pacifica was recently in for oil change when mechanic said the engine sub frame is starting to rust out and this will not pass inspection. I was told to go to junk yard to find sub frame and someone will need to install it. I have seen a lot of complaints about Pacifica sub frame rust and even a class action suit filled in Ohio in Jan 2015. Will chryslyer cover this issue?

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Mar 152015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was being serviced by an independent mechanic for an unrelated issue, the technician stated that the engine cradle was corroded. Also, the mechanic diagnosed that the engine cross member needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- North Field, MN, USA

Mar 272015

Pacifica

I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica, I love the way the car handles. But it is costing me a fortune. I recently took it to be inspected and was told that the engine cradle has rotted on the passenger side. I have replaced the front suspension, stabilizers, and brakes numerous times in the last couple of years now the engine cradle needs to be replaced and there is no recall on it, yet it is an extreme safety problem. This is a replacement that could cost up to $4000. It is just not worth the trouble.

- Milford, PA, USA

Mar 182015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving at 15 mph, the engine stalled. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the power control module needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 172015

Pacifica

The contact owned a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving at approximately 15 mph making a left turn, the engine stalled and the doors locked without warning. The contact stated that smoke started to emit from the vehicle before it engulfed into flames. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 196,000.

- Snohomish, WA, USA

Mar 122015

Pacifica

I drive a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. I was driving a couple of days ago and I heard a noise under the hood that was abnormal. The noise continued every little bump, turn, etc. I took my car into the mechanic and he said that my engine cradle has rusted almost completely through the metal. He mentioned that Chrysler had issued a recall on certain models and when I called Chrysler they told me that my car was not covered in the recall. Upon researching the topic, I found that it is a very common occurrence with 2004 and 2005 Pacificas and several others are experiencing the same problem that I am as far as Chrysler refusing to fix the cradle. I just purchased my vehicle on May 9th, 2014 for $6,000 and I am being expected to put $3,500 of work into it not even a year later" there is no way that Chrysler should see any of this situation ethical considering there are so many of us with this problem. Can someone please help me get through to Chrysler and get my vehicle back into driving conditions"

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Mar 062015

Pacifica 6-cyl

Engine cradle is very rusted through, need to repair, receiving estimates of $3,000.

- Geneseo, IL, USA

Jan 312014

Pacifica 6-cyl

I have a Chrysler Pacifica 2004 (fwd) and I am having problem with stalling while driving and its happed so many times. I was searching on gogle about this matter and I noticed so many same complain about this car. Its a very dangerous situation, I have no other issue with this car.please look into this matter. Thank you very much

- Warren, MI, USA

Dec 262013

Pacifica 6-cyl

Husband took car in to have motor mounts fixed. Have been bad since we bought the car, on 1/28/12. Along with a lot of other issues we didn't understand. Ac stopped working. Stalled while driving 55 mph., always shook after a certain speed, electrical, car jerked forward at a stop, tire pressure always read 2-3 tires low even after having new tires put on and aligned. Defog never worked. Weird sound in front of suspension, power train module, etc., etc. But the worst of all is when we tried to have the motor mounts fixed back in December. Car guy fixed motor mounts, husband drove car home, later that night went with kids for ice cream, came out and car would not start. Had it towed back, worked on it forever could not figure out, then had it towed again 2 weeks later, to another shop, where they said the car was done! the engine cradle was so rusted that they wouldn't even let us take the car, because it was so bad! not sure if I am under the extended warranty, but would hope that Chrysler takes care of all the people, who have endured all of these problems, and expenses associated with all! before someone gets really really hurt, dies, or kills someone else!

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 132013

Pacifica 6-cyl

Engine cradle was rusted out and had to be replaced. Chrysler has issued a recall on this, however it affects a very narrow window of manufacture dates. My vehicle fell a few weeks out of this date. The dealership, walser Chrysler in hopkins, mn said they were unaware of this problem and declined to help. I had it repaired at an independent mechanic. I have photos and video that show it was nearly at a complete failure.

- Plymouth, MN, USA

Dec 222014

Pacifica 6-cyl

Just found out that my engine cradle is rusted in half. From all the issues I been reading online I can not believe there isn't a recall on this.

- Muscatine, IA, USA

Jun 282003

Pacifica 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for routine servicing and it was discovered that the underbody and the cradle for the motor were rusted. The dealer stated that the cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000. Updated 03/10/15 updated 9/11/2017

- Elk Rapids, MI, USA

Jun 102013

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while driving at 25 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact shifted into neutral in order to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 87,000.

- Columbus , OH, USA

Nov 202014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the engine cradle fractured. The contact mentioned that the vehicle had never been involved in a crash. The dealer was made aware of the issue. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 111,362. Mailed out 01/13/15

- Akron, OH, USA

Nov 222014

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while accelerating, a clunking noise emitted from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the engine cradle had rusted. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 186,000. The VIN was not available.

- Flint, MI, USA

Nov 222014

Pacifica

This vehicle engine cradle assembly is rusty with in 8 years of operation. Rusty engine cradle causes safety concern for the driver and other vehicles operating near 2004 Chrysler Pacifica on the road because the engine can fall out of the vehicle during operation. Many Pacifica owners on line complained about this issue.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Nov 202014

Pacifica 6-cyl

My Pacifica has a rusted out sub frame on front passenger side of car. From my understanding there was a recall done for those but only included 6 weeks worth of vehicles made but the problem is much broader than the 6 weeks worth of cars. I have been told by three different reputable mechanics that my car is unsafe to drive because it is so rusted through you can put your hand through it. I have 3 small children and this is our family car. Chrysler needs to be held accountable for this before there are people that die because their engine falls out while they are driving! I do have pictures that were taken yesterday. Something needs to be done about this!

- Carol Stream, IL, USA

Oct 012014

Pacifica 6-cyl

Was told by my mechanic that the engine cradle is severely rusted and my car could be unsafe. After checking on this site I found that Chrysler extended the warranty for this problem. I call a locale dealership and service dept told me my specific vehicle wasn't covered. I called Chrysler and after several minutes of checking was told that the extended warranty only covered vehicles made from Feb. Thru March of 2004 and mine was made in June of 2003. Too bad since I am just limping this along for another month till I'll be buying another vehicle. It does seem to me that this problem is much more extensive than Chrysler is willing to admit, as I have seen many other complaints for the same thing.

- Princeton, IL, USA

Nov 102014

Pacifica

I went to have routine oil change and was told by the tech, that the engine cradle and frame were severely corroded from rust. His recommendation was to have it taken care immediately, it could possibly be unsafe.

- Natick, MA, USA